Chapter 10

It was awkward..

Both of them completely ignoring each other as they stepped into Dr. Wang's house, drenched from head to toe..

Dr. Xiao lingered at the threshold of the living room while Dr. Wang shuffled around, unsure, trying to avoid the other's presence..

"Uh.. You could get change in the guest room.. Take a shower and um.. I'll get you some warm clothes.."

Without waiting for any response, he practically ran upstairs, almost tripping over his own feet.. At any other occasion, Dr. Xiao would be highly offended at the other doctor's behavior but given the awkward situation, he was more than thankful to not to snap at the other man..

Dr. Xiao finally moved towards the living room, relishing in the past memories that was making its way through his head..

The house was the same as the last time he visited there, visibly,and he wondered what was the reason that he was feeling so empty all of a sudden at a place where he considered to be like his home too..

His movements froze when he saw a photo frame out of the corner of his eyes, reminding him the cause of his emotional wreck just few moments ago.

Mrs. Wang.. She's not here anymore.. The place felt like his home because he had a mother he has never had, at this place.. And she wasn't there anymore to smile warmly at him, to hold his hands and listen to him ramble about her son's misbehaviors..

And that terrible feeling of him being the cause of every disaster crashed back in, making him feel more guilty as he blamed Mrs. Wang's death on him..

Dr. Xiao tore his gaze from that photo frame towards another one besides it, this time showing a little boy on a small bicycle, smiling widely at the camera.

Dr. Xiao felt warmth spreading through his body, despite being on drenched clothes.. Before he could ponder on his wet clothes, he felt another warmth envelope him.. An external, physical warmth that he would shamefully admit to have missed in the last few years..

Dr. Wang placed his chin on Dr. Xiao shoulder as he also stared at the photo frames in front of him..

"I told you to go and take a wash.. You'll catch a cold.."

Dr. Xiao who was a little bit tensed at first with the other's arms around him, relaxed against Dr. Wang's chest with a sigh..

"Got distracted on my way to the guest room.. He looks adorable here.."

Dr. Xiao intentionally avoided the topic about Mrs. Wang, knowing that it's not something to be talked about in that situation.

Dr. Wang chuckled at that and pointed his finger towards the photo of A-yuan on his bicycle..

"You mean that photo? That was the first gift he received after I adopted him.. He kept asking for a one before then, and I bought him that the day he moved here.."

Dr. Xiao smiled when he heard the soft tone Dr. Wang uses when it comes to the talks of his son..

"He's at my cousin's house tonight.. He kept asking to spend some time with A-yuan so I sent him there.. My cousin has two kids and I'm sure A-yuan is having a great time there with the other kids..."

He almost felt jealous; not knowing if it's because of Dr. Wang having A-yuan as his son or A-yuan having Dr. Wang's undivided attention solely on him..

"You are spoiling him too much.. Why would you-"

Dr. Wang let out a questioning hum as Dr.Xiao was pondering on his words and when he didn't receive a reply, he understood the mental crisis Dr. Xiao was going through..

Dr.Wang turned him around so that they were both looking at each other properly before talking..

"Whatever that you are thinking, get out of those imaginations.. You have done nothing wrong.. Okay? Nothing's your fault and I hope that you would stop beating yourself for things you haven't done.."

Dr. Xiao sighed as he looked past him towards the other end of the room..

"It's easy for you to say Yibo.. You don't know half of the things that happened.. You can't just defend me just because you love me-"

Dr. Wang raised his eyebrow at that remark and Dr.Xiao felt his face warm up at the choice of his words.. Dr. Wang laughed at the incredulous look in the other's face..

"Yes.. I love this man name Xiao Zhan a lot that I'm being biased towards him to the point of accepting whatever he would do.. But jokes aside Zhan, I know that you haven't done anything wrong.. Dr. Meng told me a lot of things you know?"

Dr. Xiao didn't want to focus on the first half of Dr. Wang's answer as it was too much for him to handle so he quickly changed the topic into his treacherous friend..

"When did she talk with you? And what did she say?"

Dr. Wang shrugged as he hugged and Dr. Xiao again and nuzzled face in the crook of the other's neck..

"Met her today and had coffee together.. I'll tell you what she told me later so can we go and take a warm bath now? I'm sure both of us are going to catch a cold tomorrow.."

Dr. Xiao scoffed and pulled himself away from the other with a grimace and Dr. Wang looked confused at him..

"Go and take a bath on your own.. I'm going alone.."

Dr. Wang was a moment late to realize the effects of his words and instead of feeling embarrassed, his face was littered with a smug look and a lopsided smirk and Dr.Xiao knew where this was going on.

"Wait- you thought that we are going to take a bath together? Well I didn't mean that but now that I think of it, sounds like a very inviting idea-"

Dr. Xiao walked past him towards the guest room with a deep hue of red on his face and Dr. Wang who wasn't giving up easily followed him right after to the guest room, and into the bathroom despite the other's weak protests.

Needles to say that they had a very interesting bath time, completely closed off from the rest of the world, and from their worries that they saved to look into later when things have settled back in..

.....................................................................

A/N - So, Hi? 👀

I honestly don't know how to start this note and what to say.. How long has it been since I last updated? I lost track of time tbh..

First of all, I'm not dead.. Yay..

And second, I have this shitty writer's block that I can't bring myself to write anything.. I had to force myself to write again tbh.. So idk if you noticed something was off in this chapter or is it just me that's not satisfied with this one?

But anyways, idk what caused this mental wreck for me to stop writing and Idk if it's just with this book cz I kinda have an idea for a new book and I'm surprisingly very excited about it though I haven't started it yet?

Honestly, idk what went wrong and how I lost my interest at writing and I think the only way to look into it is to see if I could start writing that new book.. If I can write without any problems, that means there's no problem right? Sigh.. Idk..

Anyways, I won't leave this uncompleted and I swear I'll finish this just as I planned.. Just give me sometime and be patient with my slow updates..❤

And also, I hope that all of you are doing okay and staying healthy through this pandemic crisis.. How you are guys? :))

And alsoooo, for some reason, can I know if there's any STAYs (skz fans) here? I'll tell y'all the reason later...

So, that's all I have to say for now.. I'll try to do an update soon.. Not sure when cz the exams are coming up too..

Everyone stay healthy and have a nice day. Love you all❤

@chaewon778

P. S - Thank you so much for 100k on the first book y'all.. I almost cried when I saw it.. 😭❤