Center Stage

(Quick A/N: there will be a little explination to this universe at the end of the story. Enjoy! ^-^)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

  Ren had always enjoyed the feeling of joy when he heard the audience cheer him on from their seats. He was an actor and a very fine one at that. He could easily get into character and pull off some cool tricks. And to call him an improv king would be a bit of an understatement. It was his passion and there was no denying he loved his job.

  Although Ren’s major job was in the local entertainment industry, he lived in a world with his friends with whom he was very close to. Some of them were members of his theatre team, others were business people, and even a couple were nobles and they called themselves the Hermits. They were a very well respected group of hybrids, magiks users, regular humans, royals, soldiers, and actors of different regions. A very unique group without a doubt. 

  “Hey, Ren! Are you ready?” called out the voice of his friend Iskall.

  “Yep! Just give me a sec!” Ren called back. He adjusted his hat and bandana before putting on his signature shades and exiting his dressing room. Iskall was waiting for him leaning against the wall next to the door. He was in his usual green shirt with brown vest. What Ren noticed to be different than usual was the green covering on his usually blue cybernetic eye and the fact that he had trimmed his beard. 

  “Looking good my man!” Ren complimented Iskall who in return gave a small bow. 

  “Not as good as you.” He smirked back.

  They both laughed and began heading to the stage. On the way there, Doc met up with them. Together, they arrived at the stage. The props were ready for that week’s show and there was an air of excitement. Some of the Hermits were putting a few final details to everything to make sure everything is as perfect as can be. Specifically Scar and Bdubs on the main scene. 

  The stage in the Hermit Theatre was designed by the Redstone engineers among them who wanted to help. Some of them were awkward when it came to acting and so they designed a rotational stage that would allow for several scenes to be put up without the need of a very long pause between scenes. This became very handy as well for the more subtle change of scenes while another one played out. It was one of the main things that helped the Hermits’ theatre group become so successful.

  Keralis came running towards the three actors by the stage with an excited expression on his face. He was clutching a shulkerbox in his hands and nearly tripped on his way through the side of the stands.

  “We sold out at my bookstore at the Hub! Look!” his exclaimed as he pushed the box into Ren’s hands. He opened up the box and the other two leaned in to take a look. Their mouths were so wide open that Keralis started laughing hysterically. 

  “You guys look like my mask and glasses!” he said between laughs.

  “And this was just at your bookstore?” Iskall asked.

  “Yeah! I even went by the log shop, the slime shop, and Five Goats. They also sold out.” Keralis replied after catching his breath. He took out three other shulkerboxes labeled for each shop and gave them to their respective owner.

  “I think we might need more room in here…” Ren finally spoke up after looking at their profits and the amount of seats in their building.

  “I can help with that.” Doc said as he started walking towards a lever nearby labeled “Experimental Redstone. Do Not Touch.” He pulled it and the sound of many pistons in action filled the building. Mumbo and Tango had gone inside and looked on at what was happening. Mumbo had a look of anxiousness and Tango a look of excitement.