It's Only A Nightmare...

Just sleep.

  The sun was starting to set over the horizon. Its warm colors spread over the landscape, giving it a final embrace before leaving for the night. Then there’s Bdubs.

  He franticly flew back to his cozy home in the plains behind the half-mansion. He used way more rockets that was probably necessary but he didn’t care for that at the moment. All he could think of was his need to get into his brightly lit, comfortable room before the sun finished setting. He hated the dark and not just for the creatures that appear. He didn’t like to talk about it. Distant groans of zombies and rattling of skeletons made Bdubs panic and waste more rockets. It was so many that he could compete with the others when it came to wastefulness. He needed the speed.

  Just as the sun set and the moon peeked over the mountains behind him, Bdubs reached the front doors of his house. Well, where his front doors were supposed to be. Without hesitation, he pulled out some doors he had put away and placed them where they belong. He sighed in relief once he was done and tiredly walked up the stairs. His eyelids were starting to shut but he was determined to make it to his bed before he could sleep. 

Just dream.

  He threw off his elytra and boot haphazardly to the side along with stashing the clutter that had become of his inventory into one of the chests. He could sort it in the morning anyways. Organization wasn’t on his list of priorities at the moment. Once his head hit the soft pillow, he immediately fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  Bdubs jolted awake. He was a sweating mess and gasped for air. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up in his bed. A peek out his window made it clear that it was still night time, much to his discomfort. He felt tired but much too awake to go back to sleep. 

Just sleep.

  The eerie quiet made him nervous. It felt… unnatural. Usually there was at least a zombie’s distant sounds of the occasional hiss of a spider but not then. It made a shiver travel through his spine as he pulled the blanket closer to himself. He hated the dark so much. He could tolerate the dimness of the Nether and the End for the lighting there was consistent. Not in the Overworld though. 

Just dream.

  A loud thumping outside made Bdubs jump in his skin. He gulped in nervousness and hesitantly got out of bed. His blanket remained clutched around him as he carefully walked down the stairs. He really just wanted to be back in his bed sleeping the night away rather than investigating a sound that could very well lead to him dying. Even though there was Respawning in the Season 7 world, he still didn’t want to die.

Just sleep. Just dream.

  A dizzying headache began to form as he reached for the door knob. I shouldn’t be out here. Yet he stepped outside where a chilly breeze came to meet him. The silvery glow of the moonlight illuminated everything clearly, but even then, Bdubs couldn’t see what could have caused the loud thumping. No zombies were around as far as he could see, nor skeletons, spiders, or creepers. It was strange to say the least. 

  A sudden spike of pain caused him to cry out as he fell to his knees. His blanket that he had wrapped around his shoulders fell around him as he clutched his head. His headache that had started as something more so dull and annoying had become worse. Tears started clouding his vision as he tried to get up. It hurt so much. He wanted it to stop.  His senses seemed to almost stop functioning as he barely managed to notice a greenish dot heading towards him. Darkness creeped at the edge of his vision and slowly embraced him making him fall to the side with a small thunk.