03. brains of the op.

s2e1: the return

"Hey man. I'm so sorry. Look, I don't even know what happened." Tyler apologized to Matt at the hospital. Brynley was in a room, still unconscious after the accident. Caroline was in surgery.

"It's okay man. They'll be alright." Matt assured him and Tyler looked down at his hands. Matt looked at his bestfriend, noticing how anxious he was. "Ty, Brynley will be okay. You know she wouldn't leave us here while we were in a fight."

"You're right, I just feel terrible." Tyler mumbled before Sheriff Forbes walked in.

"What's happening? Is she alright?" Matt stood up.

"There was some internal bleeding; they're taking her into surgery." Liz Forbes explained.

"Did they say anything about Brynley?" Tyler asked.

"They're only allowed to release information to family, Tyler." Liz frowned as Evan Fletcher walked into the hospital.

"Brynley Fletcher." Evan spoke to the receptionist and she pointed to a room across the hall. He ran down the hall and into the room where his daughter laid. "Hey blossom."

He looked down to see her hands glowing and his eyes widened.

"No, no." Evan shook his head before he walked over to a chair where a plastic bag filled with Brynley's clothes and belongings. He reached into the bag and pulled out a silver bracelet that Brynley has been wearing since she was born. Evan slipped the bracelet onto his daughter's wrist and the glowing stoppped, Evan let out a sigh of relief.

"Dad?" Brynley's eyes flew open and Evan smiled.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" Evan smiled down at his daughter.

"Like someone just banged a hammer against my skull." Brynley mumbled and Evan laughed slightly.

"Yeah, yeah, you have a concussion," Evan informed. "But everything will be okay. You just have to take it easy for a little while and drink a lot of pain pills."

"Where's Tyler and Matt and Caroline? Are they okay? Are they-" Brynley rambled as she sat up. Her vision began to blur out and she began to get dizzy. "Oh my god."

"Brynley-B, hey, stay still." Evan grabbed her and stilled her. Evan smiled at his daughter's kind heart and her concern for her friends. "Tyler and Matt are fine, Caroline is in surgery."

"Dad," Brynley whispered and Evan looked at her. "In the car, right before the accident, there was this noise. This piercing, painful noise, and my hands, they were glowing."

"I know blossom, and I'll tell you everything about all that," Evan promised. "Once you're home and you're safe."

"But I am safe. Dad, what is going on?" Brynley asked.

"Sweetie, I'll tell you everything when you're home. Right now, you're stressed and in pain and overwhelmed." Evan explained and stood up. "I'm gonna go get a doctor to check up on you, okay?"

"I'm always overwhelmed and in pain." Brynley whispered once her father left.

-

"B-Bell, I brought some distractions." Evan Farley walked into the hospital room with Matt and Tyler.

"Hey B," Matt greeted.

"How are you feeling?" Tyler questioned as the two sat down next to her.

"Aw, look at you two, getting along for me. My idiots boys." Brynley smiled. "I'm feeling better, my head hurts like a bitch though."

"Wow, Bryn uses a curse word!" Matt joked and the three friends laughed.

"I'm glad you two are okay, that crash was bad." Brynley sighed.

"You're literally the one in the hospital bed and you're worried about us." Tyler shook his head.

"Shush, I always get worried about you two," Brynley admitted. "You two tend to do a lot of stupid stuff without me watching you two."

"Like you said, you're the brains of the operation." Matt shrugged.

"You two are okay again, right?" Brynley confirmed and the two boys nodded. "Thank god, that was exhausting being in the middle. Now, hugs!"

The two boys stood up from their chairs and walked over to the bed before the three friends embraced each other and hugged.

"I love you idiots." Brynley whispered.

"Love you too, B-Bell."

"Love you too."