ch. 1 ∩^ω^∩

Shuichi Saihara's POV:

This Thursday is not a normal thursday. Today I get to go to the most prestigious University in Japan, possibly the world. Hope's Peak University. I gained the titles Ultimate Detective, just like my mom. It's kind of crazy, following in my mom's footsteps like this.

I stand in front of the tall, classic, gothic looking buildings. Today is the day of a new life. I adjust the cap on my head and smile up at the sky.

Bring it on, world.

I look down at the slip of paper in my hand.

Floor 4, Room 13

I walk up to the doors, starting to feel a wave of anxiety. I pull my hat down to where it covers my eyes, and open the glass door. I hear talking, rolling suitcases, and the annoying tapping sound a keyboard makes. My heart starts to pound.

And the thought of meeting my roommate makes my heart fall into my stomach.

I swallow. I slowly walk up to the ladies at the front desk.

"Yes?" She says, sounding frustrated.

"A-Ah Uhm.. Well.. I don't know w-where the dorms are located.. C-Could yo-?"

"The building on the left." She says still typing on her keyboard.

"My left or-"

"Your left." She says harshly. I decide not to question her any further, as there are many buildings on the left. But I'll figure it out.

I walk out, trying not to run into the rushing students and professors. I drag my black suitcase along the pavement, my shoulder giving into the weight of my duffle bag and backpack.

I'm not very athletic, so I was really sweaty and tired. I walked into the first building on the left. My dad's luck was on my side and it was the dorm building. I walk to the elevator and press the number 4. No one else was in the elevator. Thank god.

I walk to room 13 and took out my keycard from my pocket. I unlock the door and open it to reveal the nice apartment looking dorm room.

It was clean and modern, which was unexpected. Looking outside at the old looking buildings, this is a surprise. There was a nice couch and a small kitchen. There was a room behind the kitchen, which I discovered was the bathroom. The room across from the bathroom was the actual bedroom.

There were two beds, a two dressers, and two desks with chairs. It was very symmetrical. I liked it a lot. I decided to wait until my roommate showed up. I sat on the couch and started reading a new book.

I'm starting to miss home already..

I hear the door click open. I turn to see a small boy, with purple hair and headphones on. I could hear his loud music from where I was sitting. He had on the school uniform like me, but he also wore a black and white checker scarf instead of a tie. He had a black and white rolling suitcase and a black backpack with a lot of keychains and pins. His resting face turns into a bright smile.

"Hiya Hiiiii! Nice to meet ya roomie!" He says happily.

"Oh uh h-hi." I say. His whole personality is overwhelming.. He stops his music and takes his headphones off.

"Well! My name is Kokichi Ouma! Ultimate Supreme Leader!" Kokichi says while putting a finger to his lips. His fingers had colorful bandaids.

"I-I'm Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective." I say shyly.

"Oh exciting! A Supreme Leader of Evil and a Detective!" He says, giggling.

"E-Evil?!"

"Nishishi~ It's a lie! Or was it..?" Kokichi teases. I sigh and pull my hat down, avoiding his intense stare.