ch. 3 ∩^ω^∩

Shuichi's POV:

We made our way towards the main building. Here at Hope's Peak University, you are given a talent. That talent is tested at the end of every week. You are given an Ultimate Lab to practice you're talent. Your talent's abilities are more important than grades here because your future is set once you have that talent. If you flunk at least one of those tests, it could mean game over for your easy career path.

I try not to think about it as I walk with Kokichi outside. The test won't happen this week, as we just moved in and haven't even gotten our Lab's yet. It will take a while for the Lab's to be ready, so it's likely this test won't come up soon.

Kokichi was walking as energetic as ever. We walked inside the main building and looked for the Mathematic Classroom. We eventually found it on the 5th floor, 7th room on the left. I made sure to remember that.

We were still fairly early, about 10 minutes, so we waited outside of the classroom and talked.

"Sooo! How did you get your talent?" Kokichi asks.

"W-Well.. I solved a case, sort of on accident, but that's when my mom, who was previously also an Ultimate Detective, said that I must have inherited her talent. So we tested it and I solved more cases. Then, I applied here, and they accepted me." I explain. He nods,

"Very interesting! Not! That's boring!" Kokichi huffs.

"Oh yeah? Well what about you then?" I ask. He thinks for a minute.

"Well, my parents led this cool group of terrorists and I killed them so I could become leader!" He says. "Nishishi~ that was a lie. I killed my brother to be leader."

"Wh-What?! Y-You ki-ki-killed your brother?!" I scoot away from him a little.

"Ahahahah! Oh my god! You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless!" He stops his laughing fit. "Nah. I didn't kill anyone. My parents got caught and sentences to death! So I became leader by default. The organization has over 10,000 members! Cool right?" Kokichi brags.

"I thought the people in the photo was your organization." I point out.

"Yeah, I lied. Nishishi~ Whoops!" Kokichi confesses. I can't figure out which he was lying about and if that statement was a lie itself.

I see two other people from my grade walk over to this class. Are classes split up into four groups? That would make sense, but it's such a small class...

The two other people who came along were Maki and Kaede.

I smiled at them.

"Hi Shuichi and Kokichi!" Kaede beams.

"Hiya Kayayayayayday!" Kokichi grins.

"Morning Ouma and Saihara." Maki greets.

"Good morning Maki and Kaede. Maki, you can call me Shuichi." I say. She nods in response.

"Mornin Mur- I mean Maki!" Kokichi giggles. Maki glares at him. She pulls Kokichi aside for a minute.

-

-

-

-

-

Kokichi's POV:

Maki get's upsetti spaghetti that I almost call her Murder Girl lol. She drags me away from Shuichi and Kaede.

"Kokichi. Don't slip up like that again. I will kill you." Maki threatens.

"Yeah yeah okay Miss Ultimate Assassin." I say with a sly grin.