ch. 6 ∩^ω^∩

Shuichi's POV:

My parents and I left the dorms and went to town to try and find somewhere good to eat. I haven't been into town at all yet, so it wasn't a very good idea.

My dad and little sister walked ahead, looking around for any good restaurants, while my mom and I lagged behind.

I honestly feel a lot of sympathy for Kokichi. His parents are here for the parent weekend. It must be hitting him hard.. I could tell.

I feel my mom's hand on my back, making me jump. I look up at her.

"Kokichi. You feel bad for him?" She asks. I sigh.

"Yeah. I mean. H-His parents c-couldn't make it.." I mumble. She sighs.

"Don't feel bad Shuichi. He was lying." My mom says. "Does he lie often?"

I nod. "But, he i-isn't a bad p-person." I say in fear that she won't like Kokichi. Why do I care??

"I know.. The reason he's lying is because he doesn't have parents." My mom says to me.

"What?!" I ask, shocked.

"I investigated his parents case back in the day. His parents are dead.. They did a lot of drugs, and his father ended up killing his mother, then he committed suicide." She explains.

"W-Wait?! So w-when was this?!" I ask loudly.

"Shh.. Keep your voice down." She says. "It was a year after you were born. He was badly injured and starved as a baby, and there was evidence of illegal drugs in him. He was most likely used as a guinea pig for their drugs. They put him into an adoption center. He was never adopted, to my knowledge."

You're kidding...

"Th-Thats... not true... is it?" I ask. She looks at me sympathetically.

"It is.." She whispers.

"Then.. h-his Ultimate.. i-is that a lie too?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "No. His Ultimate is real. He is in fact the Ultimate Supreme Leader. But, I suggest if you want to learn more about him, do some research. I don't know what DICE is, so maybe look it up." My mom suggests.

I nod and we continue walking.

After that, I didn't really have that much of an appetite. I was too worried that Kokichi was feeling awful at the dorm.

It kind of felt like my heart was cracking. Weird...

Do I really care about him that much..?

Maybe I do have a crush on him..

I don't eat a lot in general, so it wasn't new when I ate only half of my food today.

"Shuichi, how are you liking Hope's Peak so far?" My dad asks. I jump a little.

"Ah.. W-Well it's been pretty good.." I say.

"What are your teacher's names? Classes?" My dad asks enthusiastically.

"Honey, stop interrogating him." My mom says. My dad chuckles a little.

"Well.. I heard you mention Togami.. I have him as my mathematics teacher." I point out.

"Oh really! Maybe we can visit him!" Makoto beams.

"I also have Fukawa as my english teacher, Ishimaru as my history teacher, and Fujisaki as my science teacher." I say

"Wow! So my classmates ended up working at Hope's Peak! How surprising." He says with a chuckle.