Sick [Part 2]

It's hot... ugh...

Kousuke Hirahara tried to open his eyes, fighting the feeling of heat under his covers. His blue eyes fluttered open to the bright light of his living room. Huh? Am I on the sofa? He tried to get up but something was tugging at his hand. The dark brown-haired man put his weight on his hand and pulled himself up, making the wet towel on his forehead fall on his torso.

"What the..."

His eyes registered confusion and then they grew wide as they landed on the brunette sprawled on the floor. Her head was resting on the sofa beside him and finally understood what was tugging at his left hand. Kousuke carefully removed the covers and peeked at the teen who's fast asleep.

"Miss Yoo?"

Nothing. How can she go to sleep on the floor... His blue eyes scanned the girl and how her small hand was clasp around his little finger as she's sound asleep. His expression softened. Can't believe I passed out on her... He carefully removed her hand and got up from the sofa. He definitely felt much better than before and he realized it's all thanks to this tiny girl lying on his floor right now. "Nnn.. am.. a.." The brunette mumbled in her sleep and suddenly tried to turn over making her head fall from the sofa. Shit! 

Kousuke dropped to the side and caught her just before her head hit the floor. "Chicken... I want.. Mu..." Shin-Ae mumbled and rolled up comfortably on his chest. Kousuke let out a sigh of relief. The wall clock indicated that it's 10 past 10 in the night. Should I just let her sleep for a while? He scanned her face sleeping peacefully, snuggled up on his chest. "Haa... this girl... really..." He trailed off noticing dark circles under her eyes. She looked tired. Sigh. "Ok then... Let's get you to bed..." Kousuke placed his hands under her knees and back carrying her up in bridal style. She's so light... gotta remind her to eat more...

"Nng...mm"

Shin-Ae mumbled and snuggled some more in her sleep but was nowhere near waking up. Kousuke took her upstairs and placed her carefully on his bed. He covered her in blankets. "Sleep well, Miss Yoo." He said quietly and turned off the lights. Turning back from the bedroom, he felt a bit hungry now that he's feeling better. I should probably make myself a coffee. He thought to himself while climbing down the stairs.

As he entered his kitchen suddenly noticed that everything was not in the right place. He knows his kitchen like the back of his hand and he likes it organized. But now it looked totally out of place. There was a pot on the stove. Cutting board on the table with the knife on top. "What the..." Kousuke rushed in and opened the pot, taking in the unexpectedly nice smell of rice porridge. He sighed and placed the lid on the table. He couldn't remember the last time anyone ever cooked a meal for him when he's sick. He learned rather early on that there wasn't anyone there to truly take care of him. A warm touch. A caring word. Everything was taken care of by either housemaids or professional nurses from his mother's hospital. That's why he hated getting sick the most. He took good care of himself so that he would never have to feel so helpless again.

Kousuke heated up the porridge and sat on the table without bothering to have a ball. Took a spoon and sighed.

"What a silly girl..."

Thank you for the food Miss Yoo...

XXXXXXXXXX

"Triiinggg.... Triiingggg..."

The sound of the alarm going off made Shin-Ae jolt open her eyes. She closed them again with a groan and tried to find her phone in half asleep. Oh man... where the hell is this phone... She felt like sleeping some more. For some reason, she felt so comfortable and felt like she slept so well. The brunette found her phone and squinted at it switching off the alarm. She plopped her hands back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Was this bed always this soft? Then she realized the ceiling was much higher and the room felt much brighter than her usual 7 a.m.