𝟷: 𝙼𝚢 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

Please read the Prologue first before this chapter!

"Miss Song, we've arrived."

I bit on my bottom lip. My heart was racing. My knuckles had turned white from the way I held onto my handbag. I turned to the driver and faked a smile.

How different would my life be once I stepped through the door?

Will he treat me right? Will he be kind?

I mentally facepalmed when I realized how dumb my questions sounded, especially in the case of a suspected murderer.

"Miss, we've arrived," the driver repeated and stared at me through the rearview mirror.

"Oh sorry." I stepped out of the car after the driver helped me with my luggage. I thanked him before he drove away.

My jaw slightly dropped as I stared at my new home. It was a mixture of modernism and classicism. With an impressive garden full of lush greenery under roses of all kinds of colours, a big mansion proudly stood in the middle. It was all cream-coloured concrete with tall glass windows on all floors. I did not miss how thick dark red curtains were all in place hiding what's in each room.

You're here to unfold secrets that were long forgotten.

I blinked.

Where did that come from?

I decided to ignore the voice in my head and continued w my admiration of the place.

The roof was upturned and was painted with dark greys. I noticed there were a lot of attics at the top. I couldn't help but wondered, if this mansion was for a man only, what would those attics be used for?

My eyes took in the whole mansion again. It looked classic and grand but something seemed spooky.

I took in a deep breath and walked up the long staircase made from white marble stones.

Ding- Dong-

The doorbell sounded deep and loud.

The door was soon unlocked revealing a short chubby woman who's in a white Oxford shirt and a black skirt, a black cardigan on the outside. She hung a bright smile and greeted, "good evening. You must be Miss Song!"

"Yes I am, nice to meet you."

She chuckled, "I'm going to find our master now, please come in."

She opened the door wider for me to enter. As I walked pass her, I thought I heard her whispering, "poor girl, may God bless her."

My feet spontaneously stopped in track.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

"Oh!" She stuttered, "nothing. Nothing at all Miss Song!"

"Just call me Yuri," I smiled.

After she left to the other floors, I sat on the white couch. Some servants came and took my luggage. They wore the same outfit as the first woman who I just met.

Suddenly heavy and steady footsteps could be heard from behind. It was sharp and clear. I gulped.

Is it the master?

I kept my eyes shut, praying until a pair of black shiny shoes stopped in front of me.

"You must be Yuri." This was my first time hearing his voice. His voice was deep and raspy. I quickly lifted up my head. I stood up and bowed before I introduced myself, "h..hello Mr. Park, I'm Song Yuri. Please call me Yuri. Nice to meet you. Pl..please treat me well."

What am I even saying...

When he didn't reply, I looked up. His eyes twitched, his face tensed. Something flashed across his face but I couldn't figure it out.

I asked in a small voice, "um... is everything okay?"

He straightened his back. "Yes and nice to meet you, you can call me Jimin."

"Okay Jimin!" I beamed. But the smile soon slipped away when I noticed something odd on his face. "Jimin, you're bleeding." I pointed at the corner of his lips. He instantly wiped it away like nothing happened.

"Thank you," he said.

As if I was struck in the head, I froze because when he spoke, I saw blood stain on his white shiny teeth.

Before I could think further, a servant came and led me to my room. So Jimin left to continue with what he was orignally doing.

Perhaps he did a background research on me, because my room was nicely decorated with my favourite colour, baby pink, and with my favourite dolls on the bed.

I knew a lot of people hated pink and dolls but I liked them. Dolls were what stayed by my side when my dad left for work everyday since I was born. When I heard him shouting at his workers or his mistresses, it was also the dolls which I hugged tightly.

I lay down on the bed and let out a big sigh in relief.

I guess this is a good start?

Jimin's figure flashed back into my mind. He was wearing a black suit but without the blazer. His sleeves were rolled up showing his veined strong arms. He had tanned skin, instead of the fair skin that was shown from his pictures on the interent. His shirt was just half way buttoned up showing his sharp collarbones. He got blonde curly hair, with hooded dark eyes and a small nose. I had to admit that his lips did attract me. They're plump and red. I wondered how soft they would fe-

"Miss Song, dinner will be ready in 20 minutes." Someone knocked on my door.

I unpacked my luggage and took my pyjamas with me, a white tank top and a pair of short pants in dark blue colour. I went to the bathroom and locked the door.

"How does he even know," I asked myself as I stared at those well placed jars, some were lotions, some were shampoos and so on. I literally used these brands when I was back home. I frowned before I finally took a quick shower with those rose scented stuff. I blow-dried my waist-length hair and stepped out of my room.

"Miss Song, dinner's ready!"

"Okay coming!"

I went downstairs and before I turned to the dining room, I stopped at the living room as seven pairs of eyes stared at me intensely.

"Hi Hyun-mi."

(

𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 4/7/2021)

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎
Hello guys!! First chapter, what do you think? Sorry if you think this chapter is  boring or if it's going too slow, good things take time yall :(