Chapter 4

Inside the dimly lit room, Levi's eyes were in utmost focus staring on the screen of his computer. Only the light coming from the device illuminated through the whole room. Fingertips pressing on the ticking sound on the keyboard.

Until he heard a knock on his door, pausing all his movements.

"Pardon my intrusion..." It was the familiar baritone from that man who he knew as Hange's assistant. "This is Moblit."

A sigh escaped from his lips, pondering what is the man's intent for coming to his room late at night.

Regardless of this, he leaned back to his swivel chair in acceptance. "Come in."

The door creaked open, the light from the outside seeped through the lowly lit room. In between the door frame was Moblit standing still, his shadow loomed over on the floor.

The taller man cleared his throat, preparing himself and trying to keep his courage in check. "Sir Levi—"

"Levi."

"Huh?"

He glanced at the raven-haired, a little bit relieved seeing the calm look on his face which was quite unusual of him. Levi always looked serious, scowling, or either grimacing.

"Drop the formalities and just call me Levi."

Moblit was quite taken aback by this. Trying to recompose himself once again.

"Understood." He replies seriously, pausing a little bit after realizing how formal it sounded.

The raven-haired could only deadpan at the way he answered, eyes now set on his laptop, waiting for Moblit to say anything else. The silence and the lack of response prompted the taller man to continue what he came for.

Thus, clenching on his fist, he was trying his best to spit out the words he has been determined to tell him. "This is regarding my superior, Hange. I have a request to ask of you..."

Levi raised an eyebrow on this. What is it now?

"For the second time..." Moblit added, completely aware of the number of favors he had asked from the shorter man.

Seeing the definite resolve etched on his face, Levi sighs, deciding to let at least consider listening to what he wants for now.

Leaning away from his laptop, he turned his swivel chair around, now facing him.

"What is it?" He grouchily says, looking at him intently.

His intimidating gaze fixated on him wasn't helping much. It only made Moblit more nervous.

But he came here with a certain goal in mind. Thus, grasping for any pluckiness left in him, he was quick to bow down at the raven-haired, his eyes shut close in nervousness. Clearly giving his all just to voice out the lingering words in his mind.

"Can you please let Hange roam freely on this island?!"

Upon the words reached Levi's ears, he could only stare at the man before him as if he was being stupid.

"Are you telling me to let her get away so easily and let the chances of her escape widen?" Disbelief was blatant on his tone, narrowed eyes piercing through the taller man in question.

That is ridiculous. He knows Moblit just wants something better for the state his superior's currently in but that is too absurd. Seeing that Moblit wasn't saying anything in return and just continued to foolishly bow at him, still silently pleading made the raven-haired scowl, attention back to the screen of his laptop.