ix. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭

NINE | THE YULE BALL

or in which ramonashould have known

or in which ramona
should have known.

                      RAMONA WOKE UP on the couch of the Gyrffindor commons, remembering only a few details of the night prior— a roaring party in honor of Harry's success at the first task, Hermione threatening to start a house elf uprising, Calu...

                      RAMONA WOKE UP on the couch of the Gyrffindor commons, remembering only a few details of the night prior— a roaring party in honor of Harry's success at the first task, Hermione threatening to start a house elf uprising, Calum giving a tipsy rendition of Dancing Queen by Abba, Neville turning into a canary, the usual. Despite having only enough fire whisky to disappoint her mother, Ramona had a splitting headache, and the sort of achingly familiar warmth that only ever proceeded a hangover.

                  As she came to, she found that a quilt had been haphazardly thrown over her, and Zoey lay perpendicular at the base of the couch. Seamus and Dean were sprawled over the love seat to the right of the fireplace, and across the room she could see George drooling from where he slept under a side table. The Gryffindors were quite a rowdy bunch, Ramona thought fondly, but they required almost a full day of recovery after festivities.

                   Unfortunately, there was no such solace. It was a school day and the cruel light of morning was beginning to peak through the small tower windows. She was one of the first awake, and decided against getting ready for potions, her first class of the day. Today was a storeroom clean out day, something she'd rather take a detention for missing than actuallt show up to. Ramona did however wake Zoey up a while later so they could head up to the dorm room together to get ready for Transfiguration.

                    "You're killing me with this whole responsibility thing, Ramona. I think you're in need of an intervention." She rolled her eyes as Zoey slumped against her lazily on the way back down the dormitory stairs. Unlike Ramona, Zoey had drank a significant amount of fire whisky last night, and she was not particularly known for her high tolerance. That paired with her anti-morning-person qualities made her quite dangerous on this particular Thursday. "Honestly, I think I'll puke if I see a textbook."