(Bad) First Impressions

Lloyd's POV

"Do you think she's awake yet?" I asked the ninja, Xia, and Ronin as they all were standing around the main computer which was trying to locate Pythor throughout the region of Ninjago. Abruptly, a crashing noise followed by an angry yell sounded from the hallway.

"I'd say yes." Ronin stated plainly as another noise went off in the room that sounded like something was being banged against something else.

"I'm gonna go check on her." I told everyone, moving away from the computer to make my way back to her room.

"I do not think that is wise, Lloyd, given the emotional state she was in before being brought in." Zane stated

"Yeah, besides don't you think it's a little weird that right after we defeat Morro, suddenly a relative of his appears?" Cole asked.

"Hey did you know that she was even related to him?" Nya directed toward Ronin who shook his head and answered,

"First time I've ever seen her using wind powers like her psycho relative."

"That doesn't automatically make her evil." I started to argue, "We can't judge people based on their family."

There was a short silence before Jay broke with a groan and,

"Ugh! I hate it when you make a good point."

"At least have Xia back you up in case something goes wrong and she goes all rage fury again." Nya recommended and I nodded as Xia began to follow behind me to the room Aeria was in.

"Just stay out here for now, OK? I'll let you know if I need you to calm her down." I asked her.

"Yes." She responded before I opened and closed the door behind me. The scene I saw before me looked like a storm had torn through the room; the bed was tipped over to the side, items from the shelves were scattered across the floor, and, on the other side of the room, Aeria looked like she was fighting herself.

"Hey what's going-" I was cut off when I felt something smack the side of my face, sending me flying back into the wall.

"If this is your idea of a joke, you guys have a terrible sense of humor..." Aeria seethed as she looked like she was prying something away from her face.

"I am detecting a foreign presence within this room..." Xia came into the room after hearing me get thrown against the wall and put both her hands on the sides of her head as they glowed a light blue before exclaiming, "It's Pythor!"

Right before something, or as we now realized was someone, was kicked away by Aeria as she held a hand to her sore throat, but found its way to Xia, picked her up and must've clapped their hand over her mouth from the way she clammed up after that.

"Hello again... friends..." Pythor hissed as he revealed himself while tightening his hold on Xia as she tried to free herself from his grasp.

"How did you get aboard?!" I demanded to know only to have Pythor chuckle,

"Didn't you learn not so long ago when you were a child, I have my ways. Now surrender the girl to me or else this little pest is a goner." Pythor pulled out a dagger in his left hand and pressed it to the left side of Xia's face, threatening to get to her circuits.

"No way..." Aeria countered from behind me and stood up to the window behind us and used a leg from the bed to break through the glass. As soon as she did, a harsh wind blew into the room, making dust and wood splinters fly all around the room.

"Wh-what?" I looked around only to see Aeria floating above Pythor with two orbs of black and purple around her fists.

"Leave them alone!" She shouted as she struck Pythor hard enough to where he let Xia go, but the left side of her face cover had fully been dislocated and her wiring showed from beneath.

After she had been released, Xia popped her face cover back on and scrambled over to Lloyd, who hugged her in assurance before her powers could go out of control with fear. They watched as Aeria used the wind that was gushing into the room to fly around to avoid and attack Pythor before he grabbed her by the front of her t-shirt and held her in front of him, smiling victoriously before,

"Say Goodnight Snake." Aeria rammed her head against Pythor's forehead and he was out cold while she landed on her feet in a crouch.

At that moment, Cole phased through walls to see what the commotion was and was followed by everyone else, including Ronin.

"Woah, what the heck was that?!" Jay exclaimed to Aeria before he was nudged by Nya again.

"What he meant to say was, thanks for taking care of Pythor." Nya thanked her, placing a hand on her shoulder before she shrugged it off.

"It's nothing, you might want to get him out of here before he comes to." She shook it off while rubbing the new bruise forming on her forehead with her splinter-embedded hand.

"Let's get him to Kryptarian." Kai told them as he and Jay took each of Pythor's arms and dragged him out of the room and Nya and Cole followed them.

"Thank you for saving my sister, I am indebted to you Aeria." Zane thanked her as he placed an arm around Xia and they both bowed to her.

"Seriously it's nothing I just couldn't stand by and..." She trailed off and, sensing that she wasn't going to finish her sentence, nor did she want to, Zane and Xia left the room to help with the detainment of Pythor, leaving just me, Ronin, and Aeria.

"So..." I started before Ronin butted in,

"What's with the new powers?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Aeria murmured before starting to flip the bed back over to clean up and I talked to Ronin on the side.

"Come on, let's just give her some space, for now."

"Ugh fine." He grudgingly agreed and we walked out.

Time Skip to dropping Pythor off at Kryptarium

"Don't you worry ninja, we'll make sure this snake is locked up good and secure." The Warden told me as two guards dragged Pythor away.

"Thank you Warden, please alert us if there's even a small chance he might escape." I asked the Warden and he agreed, leaving the team and me alone so we could leave.

"Well, at least we know that Pythor isn't going to be making trouble for a little while." Kai tried to be optimistic, but it failed miserably.

"Yes, but Pythor has shown time and time again that he is deceivingly clever." Xia reminded everyone.

"We need to be prepared if he does escape." Zane adds before Jay groans and says,

"Why are you two always the downers? Look, we got him and now we know he can't get to Aeria."

"But we still need to figure out why he was after her and what he needed her for." Cole reminded them of the mission at hand, making me think back to all of her fights against Pythor and us.

"I think this has to do with her elements. Both of them..."

1181 Words