Weebs

Ryuko and I reach my excessively large "House" and I open the gates. 

"I am certain you are going to absolutely love my family!" I say, my words dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh yes. I am sure I will!" Ryuko says picking up on the sarcastic tone in my voice.

"I am one hundred percent sure that my stepmom will b the first person we see."

We head inside and sure enough, there was my stepmom. Wearing a really long blue dress with turquoise sequins all over the bottom.

"Darling! You have brought your friend over! How lovely!" She squeals while walking over to us.

"G-Good afternoon madam. My name is Ryuko. I am sorry for intruding." Ryuko bows and seems to be on her best behaviour.

"Oh please, drop the formality. Call me Chie." My Chie says brushing a strand of her long blonde hair out of the way.

"Now come, come, we must have lunch together. Rumi, be a dear and start on the meal. I will take Miss Ryuko over to meet the girls and the lad." She says. Okay, she is being very friendly today. Something good must have happened.

I don't say anything and just head to the kitchen leaving Ryuko behind. I turn to see her giving me a look that says "I am sorry." I just smile and continue toward the kitchen.

(Ryuko pov)

Rumi has told me loads of times how horrible her stepmom was. She doesn't seem all that bad right now though. Maybe she is having a good day?

She brought me up the stairs and to a room that was at the end of the hallway. When we entered there sat a woman with shoulder-length green hair who was laughing her head off. There was also a girl with pink hair who seemed to be working on some kind of gadget. It seemed really cool. Then at the other side of the table sat a man with silver hair covering his eye. He must have been Rumi's fiance as he was dressed as a ninja just like Rumi had said. Or more specifically he was-

"OH MY GOODNESS! THAT'S AN EDGESHOT COSPLAY ISN'T IT!?" Everyone looked at me like I was mad. I covered my mouth and blushed out of shame.

"Why yes, it is. Are you an Edgeshot fan too?" The man asks standing up.

"Yes, I am. I have read all the comics. He is so cool!" I say. 

"He sure is! And his power is even more amazing! Oturan could never compare to him!" He says with sparkles in his eyes.

"Oh please tell me you know about the anime with the Dragon Hero Ryukyu!" 

"YES! I love her! Actually, you're wearing a cosplay of her aren't you?" 

"YOU ACTUALLY NOTICED! NO ONE EVER NOTICES!" I start shouting again.

This guy is not as bad as Rumi says he is. And honestly, he is kind of cute.

Okie Dokie what did you think? Good? Bad? Nada? Also, did you spot the reference to another anime in here? You have to be very smart to find it.

I'll try my best to make the next chapter longer. Have a lovely evening/day! Toodles! X3