e i g h t e e n

The last day of school, it had finally come. It was lunchtime. Most students were outside, basking in the sun. Some in the cafeteria. But the shadows of Im Nayeon's death and the anonymous messages still looked over the school, like a storm about to explode.

Lalisa was standing in the empty corridor, a warm breeze coming in through the open door. She sighed as she took out the things from her friend's locker.

Yes, she had been given the task of emptying Chae's locker, as it didn't seem like she was coming back to get them. They still didn't report it as a missing case, just that maybe she was sick and didn't have the energy to text.

That thought worried Lisa, she didn't want her friend sick. Even though it hasn't been mentioned much, Lisa and Chae were very close. They were like twins, Lisa the loud one, and Chae the quiet one.

They compliment each other, and although she seeks her Unnies' help when she needs advice, she knows she can count on Chaeyoung for anything. She was worried for the girl, something in her gut didn't feel right when she thought about the whole situation.

The slap of a notebook falling onto the floor diverted Lisa's attention to her task. The notebook had fallen from Chae's locker, and although Lisa didn't mean to pry, it had fallen open on the very last page.

Written, very obviously, was Park Jimin with a heart beside it. She blinked a couple of times, not knowing what to make of it. But then a small note in the corner caught her attention.

Call Auntie Sandara.
310-###-####

It was a phone number. Lisa's heart began to race. "That must be her aunt! I need to show this to Jennie and Jisoo." She said, slamming the locker shut and running off to find her friends.

Little did she know, a pair of slick brown eyes were watching her every move. The girl who had been watching from inside the classroom stomped her foot in frustration.

"Gosh, why didn't I think about her locker?!" She flicked herself on the forehead. "Now everything's ruined." She sighed, taking out her beloved phone.

Lalisa Manoban 👓

me
don't show that book to your unnies.
you'll regret it.
delivered, 1:33 PM

"Ugh, she won't see it. I guess I'll have to accept my mistake and move on." She mentally scolded herself the whole day after that.

🏵

"So what does it mean?" Jennie asked. "Well, I'm guessing it's her aunt's number?" Lisa suggested.

"Not that, you pabo. Why did she write Jimin with a heart beside it?" Jennie said. Lisa stayed silent.

"I'm guessing she had a crush on him? That doesn't matter for now. Let's call this number." Jisoo said, taking out her phone and dialed the number.

There was the sound of a tone for her to leave a message. After six more tries, they gave up. "What are we gonna do now?" Jennie asked.

"I don't know." Jisoo said hopelessly. But then the youngest's eyes lit up. "I know! Why don't we look in one of those address books? Y'know, the ones they used to have in the olden days!" She exclaimed.

Jennie and Jisoo immediately brightened, and they ran to the secretary's office to find an address book.

"Park Sandara..Park Sandara.." Jisoo mumbled as she flicked through the pages. "Aha! Here!" She said, her finger landing on a name.

"Let's go after school, we can't ditch." Jisoo said. They all agreed, before going back to their classes.

🏵

"We haven't been to the arcade in so long, I'm so excited!" Jungkook said. Instead of going to an end of year party, him and Jimin were going to the arcade to celebrate the last day of school.

"Same!" Jimin smiled. But his smile faded away as he saw three figures in the distance running to the bus stop. "Hey, I need to talk to them." He said quickly, running to the girls.

He finally caught up with them, Jisoo tapping her foot impatiently on the ground. "Guys, where are you going?" He asked. Jungkook's breath hitched as he saw a familiar brunette sitting there, her head down.

"We found a new lead. We don't need you to drive us, go to whatever parties you want." Jennie tried to dismiss him, but he was persistent. "Please, let me come." He almost begged.

The three exchanged looks, before nodding. "Wait, Hyung, what about me?" Jungkook asked. Jennie and Jisoo's eyes widened when they saw Jungkook, immediately scooching closer to Lisa.

"Uhh..I guess he can come, right?" Jimin turned to the girls. "Y-Yeah..I guess." Jennie said nervously. Jungkook pouted slightly. "So no arcade?" He asked.

"We can go tomorrow. This is mportant." Jimin said, sitting down to wait for the bus. "What are you doing? Can't we go in your car?" Lisa quietly asked.

"About that..I left it at home today, Jungkook actually drove me here." Jimin said sheepishly. "You have a car?" Lisa suddenly asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

Jungkook nodded. "I never r-really use it.." he said, suddenly feeling the need to avoid her eyes. She nodded, before looking down again.

"Let's go in that." Jennie said, getting up. "Okay." He shrugged, making his way to his black lamborghini. They all followed.

Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa absentmindedly got into the back. "So none of you wanna ride shotgun?" Jimin asked. "Ooh, me-" Jisoo began to say, but she immediately stayed quiet when she saw Lisa's sad face.

"N-No, I'm fine.." she muttered. Jimin looked at the pair for a moment, wondering what was going on. "Okay.." he said, getting in. Jungkook took off.

———

hopefully you enjoyed that :) sorry i'm not updating as often as i used to, i have end of the year exams coming up, so i'm trying my best to study. they end on the 29th, so my present is sour candy! haha. anyways, bye :)

p.s. please help a friend out and leave a vote + maybe a comment? ;)

-mina 💓