t h i r t y f i v e

Chaeyoung hummed to herself as she finished the tail of the cat she was painting. It was actually Lisa's cat, Leo. She was painting him from a photo on her phone.

Everyone in her art class were nice. It was like they understood that she was popular, but no one feared her. What was there to fear? She was like a puppy.

There were days when everyone would talk and laugh and yell, and then there were days when everyone would plug in their earphones and listen to their own music. Today was the latter.

That was why when Chaeyoung got a sudden tap on the shoulder, she jumped, spilling paint. "Oh...my God! I am so, so sorry." To her surprise, it was Jimin bending down in front of her to pick up the spilled paints.

Everyone was looking at them, and she could feel her cheeks burn up. He grinned as he placed them navy on her small table. "I just came here to ask you if you wanted a coffee after school? I'll pay." His eyes gleamed with hope.

The girl thought about it for a second, before agreeing. Who doesn't like free coffee?

But deep down she knew that she missed Jimin.

🏵

Jin looked miserably at Yoongi and Jisoo, walking hand in hand. He missed her. He missed her so, so much.

And he couldn't help it anymore, shocking everyone when he grabbed her hand and pulled her into a small archway in an empty hallway.

"Hey, let go!" She protested, shaking her arm in an attempt to release herself. "Jisoo, I miss you. I miss you so much. Those pictures, they were a long time ago! That's isn't who I am today." He said frantically.

"Look, Jin, it's not me. It's my mother. And this...anonymous person. It's a whole mess." She sighed, massaging her temples. "Don't let them get in the way. Because...well...Jisoo, I think I'm in love-"

She slammed her hand over his mouth, keeping it there. "Don't say it." She whispered hoarsely. "Please. It'll only break my heart more."

She fled the hallway, leaving Jin to shed a few tears on his own.

🏵

"Guys, don't you think we should get a name?" Lisa asked, stirring her milkshake. "What do you mean? We have names. I'm Kim Jennie, you're Lalisa—"

"Not like that. I mean like...how Irene, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri are Red Velvet, and how there's Bangtan and Twice. What can ours be?" The blonde asked her Unnies.

"How about 'The Pinkies'?" Chaeyoung said like a small child, waving her hands. "That sounds so girlish. We need to be bad dads, too. What's a badass word?" Jisoo said thoughtfully, causing Chaeng to frown.

"Punk! People have called us punks before." Jennie said, snapping her fingers in a 'eureka!' manner. "Punks isn't classy. I'm thinking...Blackpink?" The three girls faces lit up at Jisoo's idea.

"Perfect!"

"Omo, sounds so magical!

"She's the smartest girl in the school for a reason!"

Jisoo beamed, looking at them all. "Blackpink it is."

———

sorry if this is bad, i wrote it last night when i couldn't fall asleep because i was too excited for blackpink-

also, how you like that is their best comeback by far. lisa ate, i honestly think this is her era. queens! mad at youtube for freezing the views.