t w e n t y n i n e

Lisa was walking out of the school to her car when she received a message. She took a deep breath before opening it, but to her relief it was only Jennie.

Jen 🥰
meet me on the roof :)

Lisa looked around. "Huh..weird." She muttered, before replying with "okay."

She made her way up the many flights of stairs. She sighed as she got to the top, catching her breath.

Jen 🥰
where are you?
it's urgent, lisa.

"Jeez, what could it be?" She muttered, opening the door to the roof. She was met with a tall, strikingly handsome boy. "Oh..sorry, I'll just be going past you—"

"You're here! I thought you weren't going to show!" The boy said, grabbing her hand. "W-What? What are you talking about?" She asked as he pulled her to the edge, the sun shining on them. When he didn't answer, she pulled her hand away.

"My letter." He said simply. She thought for a minute, and then she came to a realization. "Look, just give me a chance. I'm not the best with words, but I've been watching you from afar since last year, and I thought about you all summer. You're just..you're so amazing, so smart and funny, so beautiful.." He muttered, looking into her eyes.

She was captivated. "What's your name?" She asked breathlessly. "Kim Mingyu...I know I'm not the most handsome guy ever, or the smartest but..what I'm trying to say is..I really like you...would you like to go on a date?" He asked.

She took in his features, smiling. "I'd love to, Kim Mingyu." She said softly, taking his hand. He looked at her in surprise.
"R-Really?!" He said, and she nodded.

Lisa had completely forgotten about Jennie, and she was happier than ever walking out with Mingyu.

But she didn't see the pair of brown orbs watching her bitterly from a window.

🏵

Jisoo smiled to herself as she walked in her gate, but she was taken by surprise when she saw her mother's car outside. "They're home!" She said excitedly. They were fine with Chaeyoung staying, Jisoo's parents really were great.

She opened the door. "Jisoo!" She heard an excited yell from the kitchen, and her mother rushed out a moment later, engulfing her daughter in a hug. "You're home early! Why?" Jisoo asked.

That's when she noticed the serious look on her mother's face. "Jisoo..we need to talk." She sighed. "Okay, but can we not be long? I have to meet up with Jin. You know Jin, Omma? He's my boyfriend, he's really great—"

"That's what we have to talk about."

...

Jisoo's eyes filled with tears as she understood what her Mom wanted her to do. "W-What? Omma, t-those pictures can't be real.." Jisoo said, staring at the photos her Mom had pulled out of an envelope.

They were of Jin, dealing drugs, doing drugs, buying drugs. Jisoo couldn't believe it. Even if they were real, she could never break up with him.

"Honey, I only want what's best for you..that boy...all he'll do is hurt you." Her Mom said, stroking her hair. "No! I won't do it." Jisoo said, standing up.

"Kim Jisoo. You are breaking up with that boy, weather you like it or not. It will ruin our brand if this news spreads! We own a medicine to help people quit drugs, Jisoo. Either you break up with him, or we're bringing you back or Gangnam with us." Her mother said, standing up, ending the conversation.

Jisoo sobbed into her hands, but they became more frantic when the doorbell rang. It was Jin. Her perfect, kind, loving, caring, would do anything for her, boyfriend.

"No..not now.." She gasped for air. Jin was one of the only things in the world that could make her feel better..he was like her drug. She needed him.

She pulled herself away from the couch, stumbling over to the door, swinging it open. Jin looked at her with concern.

"Jisoo? Is everything okay, darling?" He asked. Jisoo stared at him, worry written all over his face. She couldn't believe what she was about to do.

"Jin...I can't see you anymore." She let out a small sob. Jin's face turned white as a ghost. "W-What? What are you talking about? What's going on?" He asked, his voice trembling.

She flung herself to him, clinging onto him. But, after a while, she had to pull herself away. "I-I'm sorry.." She gasped between sobs, before slamming the door in his face.

Then she ran up the stairs as her cries echoed throughout the house.

———

i'm sorry, guys. i cried writing the last scene :(( it's not for long, i promise!!

-mina