Chapter 8 - Jade

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND NICKELODEON

Just before lunch, Percy and Annabeth grabbed Thalia and walked to Sikowitz's classroom. He thought he felt someone watching him but when he turned around, there wasn't anyone there. Probably nothing. He thought, knowing full well it was never just nothing when you are a demigod. But Annabeth seemed to notice it too. Thalia was too busy asking questions to notice.

"What is this about?" Thalia asked. Percy ignored her. When he saw Sikowitz, he forgot about the feeling and stormed up to him.

"I heard you are playing favorites. The group you told us to look at, they always get all the leads and they are the only ones who talk in class," Percy said furiously. Sikowitz looked up at him, fear in his eyes. Percy could be pretty scary when he wants to be.

"Well, they are my best students. They all will grow up to be amazing actors," Sikowitz defended.

"They are only the best students because you don't give anyone else a chance to get better. You are supposed to be a teacher. You have to act the part," Annabeth said. She was also annoyed with Sikowitz. She hates when people don't give everyone a fair chance.

"I know you didn't study to be a teacher but you should've at least asked Chiron for some pointers. He was my sixth grade Latin teacher," Percy's eyes softened as he talked about Chiron. Sikowitz sighed.

"I did. But at least they haven't fired me. I guess they don't mind the unconventional teacher. And my students do seem to learn things in my class. And I do realize I don't pay as much attention to the other students but that is because I'm not a real teacher. I am only here to watch for the demigod." Sikowitz agreed.

"How about for this play, none of that group can get the lead?" Thalia suggested. "Can I go now? I really don't need to be here for this." She started to walk away but Percy grabbed her arm.

"This is your quest too. And you do need to be here. You just gave us that great idea!" Percy smirked.

"Oh shut up, Kelp Head. Come on, it's time for lunch."

"I hope they have blue food," Percy said as they walked out of Sikowitz's class.

Jade

Jade was walking towards the bathroom just before lunch, to touch up her makeup, when she saw Percy and Annabeth drag Thalia into Sikowitz's classroom. So, naturally, she followed them. She hid behind a corner just as Percy and Annabeth looked back. Their eyes were calculating as they searched for her. Eventually, they decided it was nothing and continued making Thalia go into the classroom. Jade snuck to the back door and put her ear up to it. She couldn't hear very well.

She heard Annabeth say, "...only best... anyone else a chance... supposed to be a teacher... act the part."

Then Percy said, "...you didn't study... teacher... Chiron...sixth grade Latin teacher."

"...did... haven't fired me yet...unconventional teacher... students... learn things... don't pay as much attention... not a real teacher... here to watch... demigod." Jade was shocked. Sikowitz wasn't a teacher? Well, that explains a lot. But what is a demigod? Jade wondered.

"Come on... time for lunch," Thalia said and Jade realized they were leaving. She dashed away from the door and into the bathroom. She touched up her make up as she planned, figuring out what she should tell her friends.

I know I said I wouldn't repeat with a different POV but I had to show that she heard them talking and what she thought of it. Hope it makes sense. If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!