Chapter 9 - Chizzed

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND NICKELODEON

"Guys, you will never believe what I just heard," Jade said as she sat down at the lunch table. She was too stunned to even try to be mean. Tori raised an eyebrow and the rest of her friends only looked mildly interested.

"Okay, fine. Tell us what's got you all chizzed," Andre said at last.

"Sikowitz isn't a real teacher," Jade said. Beck frowned.

"Well, that explains a lot," Tori said.

"Where did you hear that?" Beck asked.

"I overheard the new kids and Sikowitz talking in his classroom. I only could understand little pieces of it but Sikowitz said he wasn't a real teacher," Jade explained.

"Why would he tell that to the new students?" Robbie asked.

"How am I supposed to know?" Jade snapped. "But they were yelling at him for something. And he said that he is only here to watch for something called a demigod. What is a demigod?"

"Ooh! My brother got called that once! It was right after he jumped off a bridge," Cat exclaimed. "He was okay though." Andre gave her a weird look.

"I think you probably misheard them. And even if you didn't, it isn't our business," Beck said bitterly. Then he got up from the table and walked away.

"What's up with him?" Tori asked.

"How should I know?" Jade snapped. Tori frowned and got up to follow him. She was walking back into the school when she slammed right into one of the new girls.

Annabeth

As she, Percy and Thalia walked outside to the lunch area, Annabeth collided with a familiar girl. Tori Vega. She was one of the kids Sikowitz told them about.

"I am so sorry!" Tori exclaimed as she grabbed Annabeth's hand to help her up. With Annabeth's quick reflexes, she had gotten up much faster.

"No, it's fine. I should've seen you. It's very odd that I didn't," Annabeth said, wondering how it was possible. Although she was talking to Percy, she usually would've been able to sense her coming.

Tori knitted her eyebrows and asked, "Uh, well. Annabeth, right?" She paused to make sure. Annabeth nodded. "And you're Percy and Thalia. Well, I'm trying to find Beck. Have you seen him?"

"Oh, the Aphrodite guy. Yeah, he walked through here. I think he might of went into the janitor's closet," Percy answered. Annabeth elbowed him. He just had to say Aphrodite. Tori looked confused with the Greek reference.

"Thanks," Tori said, still a little confused, and headed towards the closet. Then the three demigods headed to the tables outside. 

Sorry that it's been over a week since I've updated. I've had a little writer's block with this story and haven't really had the ambition to write. But I'm back now and I want to know if you have any suggestions for what to do next. I hope you liked this short chapter, even if it is a little boring. If you did, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!