Chapter 14 - Camp Half-Blood

***NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY BELONG TO ME. THEY ARE PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN AND NICKELODEON

Someone groaned as they hit the ground. They all wheeled around to see Jade laying in the grass. She quickly got up and looked around. Apollo was nowhere to be found.

"Jade?" Tori questioned. "What are you doing here?" Jade shrugged.

Annabeth turned to Percy and Thalia. "How is she inside the border? Did Apollo technically give her permission by transporting her inside?"

"Must have," Thalia responded, then turned to Jade. "Mortals can't be at Camp. You have to leave. But first, we must take you to Chiron." Thalia grabbed Jade's arm.

"Is this going to hurt?" Jade asked.

Thalia gave her a weird look. "No."

Jade looked disappointed. "Dang," she said nonchalantly.

"I like this girl," Thalia announced. "Maybe we can put her with Nico and pretend she's a Hades kid."

Percy chuckled. "Why don't you ask Nico if he would like that."

Thalia spotted Nico and yelled out, "Hey, Neeks! Would you like a 'sister?" Thalia put air quotes around 'sister.' Nico raised an eyebrow and ran over to them, Will following close behind.

"What are you talking about, Pinecone Face?" Nico questioned, inwardly smirking.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up, Death Boy. I'm talking about Jade over here. She's a mortal but I think she would fit right in at your cabin," Thalia teased.

"I fixed my cabin a long time ago!"

"Oh, you mean by taking the coffins out? That is literally the only thing that changed!" Jade looked at Tori. ("Coffins?") Percy and Annabeth led Tori and Jade away from the fighting cousins.

"We best be moving on..." Annabeth said.

Percy smirked. "Yeah. Last time they fought there were skeletons all over Camp and it was raining for a week."

"Which was abnormal because we control the weather inside Camp borders and even Mr. D couldn't get it to stop," Annabeth added.

"Who's Mr. D-" Tori started.

"Camp Director," Annabeth responded.

"We're stuck with him for the next hundred years as his punishment. It's worse for us, really," Percy added. "Except we," he said, gesturing to himself and Annabeth, "live in New Rome now. So we can brush off Mr. D-"

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Peter Johnson and Annabell Roberts," Mr. D appeared in front of them.

"That isn't even close to my last name...!" Annabeth muttered to Percy.

Mr. D noticed Tori and Jade. "Ah, great. New children."

"Mr. D, this is Tori Vega and Jade West. Jade is a mortal-"

Mr. D turned purple. "ANOTHER MORTAL? That Oracle girl was enough! She's lucky I haven't turned her into a dolphin yet!"

Clopping signaled Chiron's entrance into the room. "What is Mr. D all riled up about now?"

Annabeth ran up to hug him. "Chiron! This is Tori and Jade. Tori is the demigod we have been after and Jade... She kinda tagged along."

"What do you mean, 'tagged along?" Annabeth explained their situation.

Chiron sighed. "I supposed we could result to the Mist. It might alter her memories just enough- Mr. D! What are you doing?" The god had a finger pointed at Jade.

"I could just wipe her memories right now. With luck she would go insane," Mr. D proposed.

"No. We will use the Mist. That is the only way," Chiron decided.

"It's the only nice way," Mr. D mumbled. "Always the nice way with you. 'No turning the children into dolphins,' 'no wiping their memories!' What's the fun in that?" Chiron gave Annabeth a knowing look and then turned to Jade.

"This will not hurt at all-"

"Aw," Jade responded, disappointed. Chiron gave her a concerned look.

"Anyway. Just stay right where you are," Chiron said and snapped his fingers.

I finally updated! Ik this chapter is significantly shorter than my last one but I needed to stop here to do the next chapter how I want to. I want to finish the next one tonight but no promises. If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!