09. hollis family line

Elena and Brynley sat in the room where they woke up when first being taken, playing rock, paper, scissors to pass the time. Elena reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper with writing on it.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you two. -B

"Oh thank god." Brynley whispered and Elena smiled.

-

"He's here! This was a mistake." Trevor ran into the room where Bryn, Elena, and Rose sat.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." Rose stood up.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!" Trevor yelled.

"He wants them more." Rose pointed at the teenage girls.

"I can't do this. You give them to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here." Trevor began to walk out but Rose stopped him.

"Hey! What are we?" Rose yelled.

"We're family, forever." Trevor whsipered and someone knocked on the door.

"You're scared." Elena looked at Rose.

"So am I." Brynley whispered as she fidgeted with her bracelet. The girl was telling the truth, she was terrified.

"Stay here with her and don't make a sound." Rose walked out of the room. She walked to the door and opened it, revealing Elijah Mikaelson. The two discussed for a little while before Elijah got it business.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina. Do you have her in your possession?" Elijah asked.

"No, but I have better. I have her doppelgänger." Rose smirked.

"That's impossible, her family line ended with her. I know that for fact." Elijah shook his head.

"The facts are wrong." Rose shrugged. "That's not all, Elijah. Not only do I have the doppelgänger, but I also a fairy."

"This fairy means nothing to me if they're not of the Hollis family line." Elijah reminded.

"She is," Rose nodded and Elijah looked at her, impressed. "Brynley Fletcher, the daughter of Amelia Hollis."

"Does she have her wings?" Elijah asked.

"Nope, she's new," Rose answered. "Seems like she just started practicing magic a couple days ago."

"Well, show them to me." Elijah demanded.

"Elijah, you are a man of honor, you should be trusted but I want to hear you say it again." Rose begged.

"You have my word that I will pardon you." Elijah promised.

"Follow me." The two walked into the room where Brynley, Elena, and Trevor stood. Brynley looked up at the vampire, fear present on her face as she moved closer to Elena. The fear was mixed with a bit of intrigue, and another feeling that she couldn't recognize. Elijah sped over to the two girls and smelled Elena's neck.

"Human. It's impossible. Hello there." Elijah greeted Elena before turning to Brynley, looking into her blue eyes. The feeling she got when he looked into her eyes made her want to smile, there something familiar about him to Brynley. He looked down at the bracelet that rested on her wrist and then looked at her neck. "Yes, that's fairy blood. Hello."

Elijah reached up to touch Brynley, but she quickly backed away in fear.

"She really is brand-new, isn't she?" Elijah looked at Rose and she nodded. He turned back to Brynley and observed her, noticing how scared she was. "We have a long journey head of us. We should be going."

"Please, don't let him take us." Elena begged Rose as Bryn looked down at the ground. She couldn't believe that this man was actually going to take her away. That she would never see her dad, or Tyler, or Matt, ever again.

"One last piece of business and we're done." Elijah walked towards Trevor.

"I've waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly, very sorry." Trevor apologized.

"Oh no, your apology's not necessary." Elijah shook his head.

"Yes, yes it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you." Trevor begged for forgiveness.

"Oh yes, you are the guilty one and Rose aided you because she was loyal to you and that now I honor. Where was your loyalty?" Elijah asked.

"I beg your forgiveness." Trevor repeated.

"So granted." Elijah agreed before he smacked Trevor's head straight off his body. Both Elena and Brynley jumped and back away, both of them terrified. Elijah reached into Trevor's jacket and pulled out Brynley's wand.

"You!" Rose yelled, tears running down her face.

"Don't, Rose, now that you are free." Elijah reminded and turned to Brynley, handing her the wand. "I believe this belongs to you. Come."

"No, what about the moonstone?" Elena interrupted and Brynley looked at her, surprised.

"What do you know about the moonstone?" Elena asked.

"I know that you need it and I know where it is." Elena said.

"Yes?" Elijah looked at her before glancing at Brynley, who stood there with her hands folded.

"I can help you get it." Elena offered.

"Tell me where it is." Elijah demanded.

"It doesn't work that way." Elena shook her head.

"Are you negotiating with me?" Elijah smirked and looked at Rose.

"It's the first I've heard of it." Rose raised her hands and Elijah tried to compel Elena, but it didn't work.

"What is this vervain doing around your neck?" Elijah pulled the necklace off and threw it. "Tell me where the moonstone is."

"In the tomb, underneath the church ruins." Elena answered easily.

"What is it doing there?" Elijah continued to compel her.

"It's with Katherine." Elena replied.

"Interesting." Elijah sighed and walked over to Bryn, staring into her eyes. "And you? What do you know?"

"I know you can't compel me." Brynley whispered and Elijah smirked at her before they all heard glass breaking upstairs.

"What is that?" Elijah asked.

"I don't know." Rose answered.

"Who else is in this house?" Elijah continued to ask.

"I don't know." Rose repeated and Elijah grabbed Bryn and Elena and went into another part of the house.

"Rose." Elijah pushed the girls into her arms.

"I don't know who it is." Rose defended.

"Up here." Stefan's voice could be heard and Brynley and Elena smiled slightly. Damon began to distract Elijah and Stefan grabbed the girls.

"Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. Do you hear that?" Elijah announced."I repeat, you cannot beat me. So I want the girls, I'm gonna count to three or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

"I'll come with you, just please don't my friends, they just wanted to help me out." Elena appeared at the top of the stairs while Brynley slipped her bracelet off, handing it to Stefan.

"Anem endavant." Brynley whispered and her wand appeared in her hand.

"What game are you playing with me?" Elijah asked Elena before she through a vervain bomb in his face. Stefan shoots him with a stake, throws the weapon, and Elijah tackles him.

"Bryn, now!" Stefan yelled.

"Feu feble i feu dolor." Brynley yelled and waved her wand. Elijah began to groan as pain rushed to his head. Damon sped over and staked Elijah in the heart, pinning him against the door. Elijah hung there dead, and a slight feeling of disappointment hit Brynley, but she wasn't sure why.