{S5} Chapter VIX - "Emerald Destroyer"

Allister's POV (Since When Isn't It?)

I laid in bed for the third day in a row, but I had little to complain about. Nikki saved my ass, turned sexy in the meantime, and I'm here watching movies. So, life's good. I heard a knock on the door, and looked in that direction.

Me: "Entrée."

The door opened, to reveal Akeno, wearing a bathrobe.

Me: "Ah, what brings you to my little slice of heaven?"

Akeno: "Just checking in on you. How are you right now?"

Me: "Holding just fine, if I don't move. Otherwise, it wouldn't feel so sore to roll over in my sleep."

Akeno: "Is there anything I could do to help?"

Me: "I'm afraid not. The magic Damien puts on the spears prevents all unnatural healing processes, like Twilight Healing, for example. It's all up to my 'adapted regeneration system' to heal, but it takes a while."

Akeno: "Since when did you find that out?"

Me: "About the time I unlocked my Devil Trigger. Speaking of, you should be able to activate a Devil Trigger as well, since you're at least half-devil."

Akeno: "How did you activate it?"

Me: "It happened randomly when I fought Damien last. I don't think it has anything to do with him, though. I bet it just happens on it's own. Or maybe..."

Akeno: "Or maybe what?"

Me: "It could be that the demonic power within me exploded when it was set off by a much more powerful source. Damien's power set mine off. And now, I'm as powerful as him... Maybe I'm the one to set yours off."

Akeno: "Would that work?"

Me: "Possibly. But, I can't do it here, because I won't heal any faster. The stuff Nikki's got me hooked up to helps me heal even quicker, but it'll still take a while. I should be able-bodied by the end of today."

Akeno: "I'm trusting you on that."

Me: "I know you are. Why would I lie?"

Akeno: "It's not necessarily lying if you're not 100% sure."

Me: "Fair point, love."

She sat down on the hospital bed, resting her hand on my leg.

Me: "What's everyone else doing?"

Akeno: "Irina, Sam and Koneko are sleeping, Xenovia's in the shower with Nikki..."

Damnit, I wish I was in that shower!!

Or what, you'd reigniting the population?

Okay, you win.

Akeno: "Akagi and Wynter are getting some tea, and Atago wouldn't say where she was going."

Me: "I bet it's a surprise."

Akeno: "She seemed excited, so..."

Me: "Lingerie. Definitely Lingerie. *YES!*"

Timeskip, Later That Night, Brought To You By: