Chapter 13

I turned around. The smile I had was wiped clean off my face. 

I was face to face with my ex.

Alex Lange.

'Hey.' He said, a smile gracing his face. I missed his smile. His smile that showed his perfect pearly teeth and the rosy apples of his cheeks.

'Hey.' I smiled back, looking deep into his gorgeous, baby blue eyes and messy bed hair.

'Listen Dee' He called me by my nickname, making my butterflies appear in my stomach. 'I still love you. I want to be with you again, because damn it, I missed you.' I looked up and into his baby blue eyes again- captivated by their brightness.

It took me everything to tear my eyes away from his. 'Listen Al, I'm way over our break up, and I'd like to be on a neutral basis with you, but I don't want to be with you again.' I said, not making eye contact with him.

I realised his hands were holding mine. I unlooped my hand from his. 'Sorry.' I said, still not making eye contact. I heard one of the guys at the counter yelling the number on my receipt. I shot Alex a sorry look, before going to the counter.

I showed my receipt to the cashier before taking the tray containing our food.

'Have a nice day.' The cashier smiled cheerfully. I smiled back before walking to the corner we were all sitting in. I placed the tray down before asking

'So who's sharing chicken boxes with who?'

All the couples went together (Sarah and Lux, Harry and Katie, Simon and Talia, Sursh and Tobi, Will and Mier, Chip and Gee, Freya and Josh) leaving Vikk, Lewis, Ethan, JJ, Niko, Freezy, Viddal and I.

Viddal and JJ, Niko and Ethan, and Vikk and Freezy shared a box, leaving me to share a box with Lewis.

'Do you like working with Freya in the Sidemen clothing warehouse?' I asked Lewis before taking a bite of my chicken nugget.

'I love it, we work some of the time, but the rest of the time we mainly just play hide and seek and loads of other dumb games.' He laughed. 'And the pay is great because they think we're actually doing stuff.' He shrugged, causing me to laugh. 'Do you mind if I put pepper on the nuggets?' Asked Lewis, holding a pepper sachet.

'No not at all, I was just about to ask.' I replied.

He sprinkled the pepper over the nuggets before taking one out and dipping it in the ketchup.

'Wait, you like ketchup?' I asked.

'Love it.' Lewis replied.

'Why the hell am I sharing a box with you.' I rolled my eyes playfully, receiving a small kick under the table.

'What do you prefer to have with it then?' He challenged. 

'A drink.' I got up and took my paper cup to get a drink. I turned around. 'Oi Lewis, what drink do you want?'

'Can I have a Diet Coke?' I nodded before he chucked his cup. I walked to the soda machine and poured Diet coke in one cup, and Fanta in the other.

I walked back before sitting down and giving Lewis his drink.

I ate the rest of the nuggets and my fries, talking and joking with the others before realising it was nearly 5 o'clock.

'Guys, it's 5 o'clock and the mall closes at 7. Lets go shop before it closes.' I said. We threw our rubbish into the bin before exiting MacDonald's and walking around the mall.

'Hey guys, do you want to take an Instagram pic?' Talia asked. Freya jumped on Joshes back, as the rest did with their couples.

'Want to join?' JJ asked. I shrugged before hopping on JJ's back.