THE DRAGONS AND THE KING

King Pex allowed his love for Lixz made him drive away the protectors of the kingdom.Now the enemy is back. Will he survive?

Long ago in the times of great
heroes, the kingdom of Zon stood tall among her contemporaries for one major reason- Her warrior dragons. These dragons had always been the protectors of the great kingdom over the centuries.

The kingdom of clopz was Zon's biggest enemy. For many centuries,
They engaged in several wars for supremacy. At a point in time,the war ceased because Zon proved too strong and invincible.

The kingdom was built on top of mountain Clix providing the kingdom an opportunity to have a panoramic view of all other cities beneath it, in the valleys

After many decades,the days of King Xez came to an end and his Son Pex inherited the throne. Pex wasn't as great as his father. He fell in love with Lixz who was the princess of Clopz and daughter of King Razan.

Lixz father was aware of Pex's feelings for his daughter and told her to trick Pex into driving away the dragons from his kingdom as a proof of his love for her.

When he finally proposed marriage to her,Lixz told king Pex to drive away all the dragons from the city before she could marry him. She even taunted the king, "can't your men fight without these horrible fire breathing monsters? I hate dragons and I can't marry you if you keep those horrible beast in your kingdom.

At first, king Pex refused to listen to Lixz. He was advised against it by Crpus but his love for Lixz was greater more than the voice of the wise man. He ordered all dragons to be driven away from his Kingdom
Crpus managed to hide the baby dragons.

Happily, he got married to Lixz in a grandiose ceremony befitting a royal, a week after the dragons were driven away. For six months, there was peace in the Kingdom.

In the seventh month, War broke out between the two kingdoms again. It was a bloody war. In the absence of the dragons, the army of Zon had no extra protection. The men had no choice than to fight gallantly. The battlefield had a cold malevolent air to it, the wind howled past them, angered by the mundane sight of blood, and the agony of the dying men.

Swords and spears smashed Zon's defenses like sea water crashing on a defenseless Coast.

Zon's army was outnumbered by clopz's men. They were driven into dangerous territories and besieged. The arrows were raining hell on them in a never-ending cycle of violence,and the smashing of their attacking lines, saw them retreat
ing,sending a voiceless message to the angry winds for salvation. Somehow,they succeeded.

In a land not far away from Zon,the dragons, though, annoyed with king Pex's decision to drive them from his kingdom, decided to go back to help the king and save their king
dom. Styzex,the Leader of the dragons told his friends, "collea
gues, we are warriors, let's forgive our king and save the city, remem
ber, our children are still there.Let's rise and fight, let's fight for our children ! , Let's fight for Mother Zon !!! Fight for Honour !!! Fight for Glory!!!! The battle is ours!!!!!!

He managed to convinve some of his colleagues. Charge with the spirit of war and the desire to save their babies,the dragons returned to the city at the point King Pex was preparing to surrender. They supported Zon's warriors who were now filled with new hope upon seeing the advancing dragons.

Within an hour of bitter battle,more than half of Clopz's soldiers laid dead, killed by the fire spitting dragons. A red haze suddenly descended into space as the vast
army of Clopz was engulfed in fire.

A thick blanket of darkness rolled in rapidly, throwing the rest of the men into despair as shadowy figures of the dragons moved in quickly, towards the entangled arena, their horrific forms visible enough to send cold shivers of fear down the spines of Clopz's men.The battle was over. The Kingdom of Zon survived.

Sadly, Styzex however paid the ultimate price. He was badly hurt in the war, and died just three days after the war.

King Pex was deserted by Lixz. He felt betrayed and ashamed of himself. He wished he had listened more to his adviser Crpus.

He reversed his order and allowed the dragons to come back to the city. He built a monument to honour the gallant deeds of Styzex, the leader of the dragons who sacrificed his life defending a kingdom that had betrayed them. From that point on, Peace was restored and the kingdom returned to her former glory.