Chapter 2:Brother

As I lay there in my own pool of blood I started to doze off. I began going back in forth of memories and my best-beloved friend biting me as blood dripped from his mouth. It wasn't a painful way to go. I really couldn't feel a thing.

The memories were my favorite part though my first time learning how to ride a bike. Mom and I baked cookies to surprise dad for his 25 birthday though mom was a bad cook. We burnt the cookies but dad still ate them.

Dad used to be a great loving man until Timothy's gray Hilliard died. He was my older brother. He was 17 when he died. My brother was nice and would always be there for me when kids would try to bully me in middle school. He was already in high school but he always waited for me and we walked back to his football practice where I would do my homework on the bleachers. It was the Middle one very bottom seat. After he got done I would race him home but I'd always lose because I got tired very easily so he would carry me the rest of the way.

We had a special spot that he would take me. It was under the bridge near the old broken down convenience store that got abandoned and was infested with Rodents. It was a spot where we would read together and just hang out. That was the only spot where my brother was generally happy and smiled because he could be himself there.

My father was very strict with Timothy. He wanted him to be the best football player on the field. He wanted him to live his dream and I believed that was what killed him.

Timothy wanted to make dad proud so he worked harder and became even stronger. He started to stay longer but he never forgets to pick me up from school. Timothy started to stay an hour longer after practice was over so I started to fall asleep on the bleachers but when I woke up I'd be at home in my bed.

Then one day my brother died in his sleep from overworking himself. Mother tried to wake him up one morning but there was no pulse. He was just ice-cold blue. He had a smile on his face, but he died too soon.

I never saw my father cry before but he did after the funeral. When we went home it was just me and mom. My dad was out drinking his sorrows away. I don't blame him for that because I would do the same but instead, I just ran in my room and cried myself to sleep that night. But it seems like it's my time so I will see you soon my brother and I bet you're smiling reading a book in your favorite spot.

"Tommy Rian Hillard can you hear me" a strange voice was calling out to me.

 All I could think about was my brother so I said with a light shriveled voice "brother is that you" 

The strange voice called out again"Rian Hillard you need to open your eyes and wake up for me"