Chapter 5:psychologist

I woke up to tubes and cords hooked up to me. I wasn't scared, I actually felt calm for once. I was starving but I also felt tired. My body felt like a stone that couldn't move.

Then the same man with a clipboard came in. He spoke with a stern voice," Tommy is it alright if I ask you some questions?".

I didn't mind but I also didn't want to be called Tommy. I gave that name up a long time ago.

So I said with a trembling voice "Sir I don't mind but can you call me Rian and also I have some questions I like to ask you".

 He looked at his clipboard and started writing something down. He replied with "alright Rian I will answer your question if you answer mine".I nodded to agree.

Then he started talking again" Rian can you tell me how you got that injury on your neck?"

 I replied with "I'm sorry sir but I'm not sure how I got this injury". he looked down at his clipboard again and wrote something down.

I had so many questions but the main one I had was about his clipboard." sir, why do you have a clipboard with you and why do you keep writing stuff down"

He replied with" I am a psychologist that helps with different and strange cases concerning patients here at the clinic. The clipboard is only used to write notes about the patients to help me discover or find out what might be wrong with patients. Rian are you offended by my clipboard" I replied with "No sir"

He looked at me for a long time after that then he started asking questions again."Rian do you have any trauma experience or uncontrolled thoughts of hurting yourself" I replied again with "no sir".

Then it was my turn but when I tried to ask my question I could feel pain in my stomach. It felt like my stomach was eating itself. Then the ringing started again. I felt light-headed. I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't understand what was going on. The clipboard guy just watched me struggle as I clenched my stomach.

I screamed "what is happening to me?" The clipboard guy came closer to me as he did I could feel my breath becoming shorter. 

He said in a stern voice "Rian I need you to calm down and breathe". But I couldn't.

The clipboard guy pushed a button. He kept his eyes on me. But the pain was unbearable. I felt my body crumble. I could feel the rushing feeling of something coming up my throat.

One of the nurses came running in and as she did I looked up and out came blood from my mouth.

I woke up to see the clipboard guy and a tall man with a stethoscope. He looked like a doctor but I didn't want to make assumptions.

I tried to sit up and while doing so the man with the stethoscope came toward me.

 He said "Tommy you need to be careful about your body it seems like you haven't fully recovered from your injury"

I didn't care what he said, I just wanted to sit up. As I did so the man with the clipboard was writing stuff down. The man with the stethoscope told me that he was a doctor. I believed him of course but I still wanted to sit up.

"Sir what is your name," I asked in a weak frail voice. 

"my name is Dr.Reil"

"Dr.Reil what's wrong with me,"

" There is nothing really wrong with you your body just needs to recover from your injuries that you are suffering with and with that being said a nurse is going to come in to give you some food and refreshment to help you recover. So don't you worry you'll be good in no time"

"Dr.Riel why can't I remember what happen to me,"   

 "My guess is because of your blood loss your mind started to hallucinate but over time you should be able to remember what happened. You should rest now Tommy the nurse will be here shortly".

As Dr.Reil walked out of the room, my eyes settled again on the man with the clipboard he was writing again. I wondered what he was writing about me. Though it seems I probably will never know.

The nurse walked in with a tray full of food like Dr.Reil had said she would. I smiled at her and I guess she noticed that I still had blood on my mouth.so she got a paper towel and wiped it off.

She was a young woman. Probably in her twenties. I guess she seemed nice enough because she fed me intel she could tell that I couldn't eat anymore.

The time I stayed at the hospital wasn't that bad. It was weird because the man with the clipboard stayed in my room until I departed from there.

Most of the time read books or answered clipboard guy questions. Mom would also visit me and explain how quiet it was at the house. She would always make my day when she would come in with a smile and greet me every day.

Dad however never came to see me once though I could always picture him in his chair with a beer in his hand saying something that he would regret saying later.

The night at the hospital was quiet and I would have nightmares about a man with black hair and red eyes biting me as I laid in my own pool of blood.

The first time I had that dream I woke up in a pool of sweat. Throwing up blood all over myself. The clipboard guy was still in my room. He asked me about my dream. I explained it in every detail I could possible and he just shook his head and began writing.

The last night I stayed there, I couldn't sleep at all. I had a question I wanted to ask the clipboard guy before I never saw him again.

I could sense that he knew something was up so he started walking toward me and pulled up a chair stared me in the eyes and said "Rian is there something you want to know about me" 

I replied with "yes Sir"

"What is it"

" You have been in this hospital room for three weeks with me on my journey of recovery and I never got to know your name. So I was wondering if you would tell me"

He stared at his clipboard for a while and then said, "My name is Philp James Barker and I'm a psychologist that works for the clinic here. Now you know my name get some rest you get released tomorrow"