Chapter 4: sky

I had never been in so much pain before. It felt like I had needles being stabbed in my brain. My mother just sat there holding my hand as the elderly woman just kept checking my pulse.

The elderly women seemed nice and kind. Though it seemed like she had been doing this job for a while. Her eyes reminded me of the ocean because of how blue they where.she made me feel calm.

The ambulance stopped and the elderly lady told me that I would be okay. She told me to always look up at the sky. My mom smiled as she looked toward me.

The ambulance door sung opened and as they did I looked toward the sky. my mother leaned toward me and said," Tommy you need to be calm no matter what I will be right by your side".

Two men came in and started wheeling me out as they did this I looked toward the sky. The elderly lady was right, it did calm me.

It reminded me of the novel lost in the sky. It was about a girl that was always in her head that believed the only way out of this cruel world was if she lived in the sky.

So in the novel, she jumped off the edge of the cliff and while she was falling she could feel the wind in her hair and when she hit the ground she finally felt alive as she died always looking at the sky they say that she became part of the sky and if you looked closely you could see her playing in the clouds.

I believed that I saw here she was smiling, jumping from cloud to cloud. I felt light-headed and wanted to close my eyes, but one of the men kept urging me to stay awake.

The last thing I remembered after that was seeing a man with a clipboard murmuring something then I was out.