0.0

The Outer Banks.

A string of islands off the coast of North Carolina. 

Most people dream of the island life, but for Tatum Asher it's the opposite.

Tatum was born and raised in the Figure Eight, the rich side of the islands. Kooklandia. 

Her father, Wallace Asher, was a Pouge, born and raised in The Cut. Her mother, Teresa Monroe, grew up just like Tatum ... a kook.

Her father disappeared out of the blue one day. He packed up his boat, said goodbye to his wife and daughter, and was never seen again. Just a few months later, his boat was found anchored in the ocean with no sign of Wallace, but signs of foul play. He was persumed dead. But his body is yet to be found. Three years later. 

Her mother worked in the fashion industry. She was a huge designer for her line, Monroe, and was hardly ever home. The only time the girl knew for sure her mother was coming home was for Midsummers, a kook party that happened every year. Teresa would come home the day before with a newly designed dress for her daughter then left the following day back to whatever country she was working in at the time.

Tatum was known around the island for different reasons;

1. Being the daughter of missing, persumed dead, apparent researcher, Wallace Asher and successful kook fashion desinger Teresa Monroe. The two had the most scandalous relationship at the time, and the face that they married and had a daughter was the biggest news of 1997 & 2003.

2. Being the ex-girlfriend to Rafe Cameron. The two started dating when he was 17 and she was 15, again a pretty scandalous relationship. But he was the oldest of the richest man of the islands, and she was an Asher. They were the 'it' couple until their breakup, which the Cameron boy is still not happy about. The only ones who know the cause of the breakup is Tatum and Rafe, and he wanted to keep that way.

Finally, 3. Having the voice of an angel. Despite being a kook and getting thousand dollar checks from her mother every month, Tatum works at the nicest hotel on the island. Twice a week so goes into the four star hotel for 'dinner and a show'. It is then the girl sings for the rich tourons that are visiting her island. 

The summer of 2019 was supposed to be the best summer the island had seen. But all that is changed when some true colors are shown.

Tatum finds herself teamed up with people she would least expect, but to her is the right thing. What she wasn't expecting was finding love on the way.