9.0

It took a lot to get JJ to leave the hospital. Tatum informed him that John B will be fine and that he will be here when they wake up from a much needed rest. 

The two returned to the chataeu, neither of them wanting to go to their own homes.

Tatum finished taking a shower, dressed in shorts and JJ's oversized t-shirts. She was brushing out her hair as she walked into the bedroom. JJ was already in bed, looking at the ceiling.

With a sigh, the girl got into bed next to him, kissing his cheek before nuzzling her head in the crook of his neck.

"Was that song really about me?" JJ asked, his finger now tracing shapes on her leg.

"Who else would it be about?"

"I-I don't know but I-"

"JJ." She moved her head so she could look at him. "Don't say what I think you're gonna say." 

"I don't deserve that." 

"And you said it anyway." She sat up, looking down at the bruised boy. "How many times, do I have to tell you that you are all I will ever want." 

"I get that but that dosen't mean-"

"Stop. Please stop bringing yourself down right now. You saved me JJ. You realize that?"

"How did I save you?"

"First of all, at work when you would mindlessly flirt with me it would always make me laugh. Then the day you and the others drove by my dock and saw Rafe coming and let me go with your guys. Then, there is the multiple time that you talked me through a panic attack. You also never leave my side in Kooklandia because we both know he's always watching. You saved me from being trapped in the Figure Eight feeling like there was no escape out. You're like .... the Aladdin to my Jasmine." She smiled.

"The who to your what?"

"You've never seen Aladdin?" Her eyes widened. The blone shook his head. "Oh my god it's one of my favorites." 

"What's it about?"

"In short it's about a street rat who is a kelpto-"

"I see it already." JJ laughed lightly.

"Yup. And he finds this lamp and a genie grants him three wishes. Then he basically pretends to be a prince but meets Jasmine who is the princess and they fall in love he tries to save her from her cooped up life and succeeds." She rambled. 

"I see it." JJ nods. "Except I didn't pretend to be no prince."

"You didn't need to pretend. That's what I love about you." JJ's finger stopped and her stomach dropped when she realized what she said. 

"Love?"

"Shit, uh. I need to uh- I gotta go-" She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she started to get out of the bed.

"No. Wait." The blonde grabbed her hand. "Listen, I have never felt anything like this before Tatum. Can you, like, sit back down maybe?" The girl sat back on the bed. "Thanks. But you know. I'm a fucking Pogue who just had mindless hookups with girls. But I never had, feelings? Yeah sure and um, I don't know how this all works." JJ said, his face red of embarrassment.

"First of all, you are just a 'fucking Pogue', you are so much more than that. Secondly, what do you feel?" She asked him, looking into his blue eyes.

"Well, when you look at me like you just did I get tingley." She laughed slightly. "I also really like just the smallest sort of affection you give me throughout the day. It makes me feel like someone cares. Waking up next to you almost every morning is amazing." Tatum smiled as she stood up and moved onto his lap.