8.0

It took all night, but Tatum did it. She wrote a song. This time about her Pogue boy.

Tatum only get a few hours of sleep. Her mother woke her up early to get her ready for Midsummers.

After a shower, the girl was given a french tip manicure her mother brought over to their house. She also hired a hair and makup person. 

Classic Teresa.

After hours of work, the girl's make up was done naturally and her hair was done in a briaded crown with white flowers in it, she changed into her pink dress. 

With her copies of sheet music in her hand,  Tatum Asher and Teresa Monroe walked into the Midsummers event together. 

"Sweetie, go give the band yor music. I'm gonna go find Mr. Danvers." Teresa walked off, leaving Tatum alone.

The singer walked to the small stage with a smile.

"Tatum Asher! We heard you have an orginal for us."

"I do, I was up all night working on it." She laughed. "I made copies for you guys." She sat the folder down.

"We will learn it. Thanks Tatum."

"Thank you guys." She walked off with a wave.

More and more people began to arrive, and eventually Tatum found Kiara.

"Kie!" Tatum smiled. The girl in purple turned and her jaw dropped.

"Damn Tay, you are smokin." Tatum laughed slightly giving her a hug. "There is a rumor going around you're singing tonight?"

"Yeah, I was up all night working on a new song." Tatum said. 

"I can't wait to hear it. I was just gonna go say hi to Pope, care to join?"

"Of course." 

The two girls walked over to the grill where their friend was.

"Excuse me, sir." Kie said in a fake British accent. "Do we have to shuck these ourselves?"

"We don't want to ruin out costumes." Tatum added on.

Pop turned around and smiled at the two.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" He said. "You girls look amazing. The accents were terrible though." 

"It was, I was gonna let it go. Have you ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" 

"Yeah, before I met you guys." Tatum answered, earning a look from them. "Sorry."

"We're in the lion's den."

"Exactly." Pope said, closing the grill. "Hey, have either of you heard from JJ?" Tatum looked down.

"No. He'll be all right. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach."

"I went to go see him, at the station."

"What?" Pope asked looking at the girl in pink. "Was he okay?"

"He was scared. His dad was pissed."

"Fuck." Pope whispered.

"B-But Kie is right. He's gonna be okay. He promised me." Tatum mumbled the last part. 

"It's my fault." 

"You didn't do this, Pope." Kie said. "Topper almost killed you, remember?"

Appaulse sounded as the Cameron's walked into the area everyone was. Tatum saw Rafe and tensed up.

"Here come Lord Capital and the Exploiters."  Kie said bitterly.

"She's definetly gona poke someone's eye out with that." Pope said, referring to the head peice Rose was wearing. Tatum stayed silent as the powedered blue boy walked over to his friends.