Chapter 4

Just for context, this song plays a big part in Amaris life because it represents most of her childhood before her mother died. Play it whenever.

-Author

------

* Amari PoV  *

We're all sitting in the living room, the silence around us was deafening. We all knew what the topic at hand was, though I admit I had to mentally prepare myself for what was to come next.

- Insert long telling of story -

[haha y'all thought i'd actually tell ya? welp you were incorrect. her full backstory is to be revealed later on, for now you get to wait ;) ]

-Author]

I finish speaking, Inko looks down. This wasn't at all what she was expecting, I know that much from her expression. I look at Izuku, I can't at all tell what he's thinking and that worries me.

"We should call the police, this is bad, like... really bad." Izuku says quietly.

"You can't." I say quickly.

"Why not? That bastard deserves to be in prison."

"He'll find me that way, he'll trace the call and kill us all. Wouldn't be the first time..." I mutter the last part under my breath.

"Well thank you for telling us Amari, it must have been hard for you, we can only hope Jasmine is okay."

"yeah..."

"So," she pauses, "what's your next move? Where do you go from here?" Caution was laced in her voice.

"Hm.. the Hero Course, that's where I wanna go. It's gonna be difficult if I don't know anything though, I'm 9 years behind.."

"Well then let's catch you up then. Cram for a couple weeks then go to school with Izuku."

"T-That's 9 years worth of cramming... I could never pull that off in a few weeks!"

"We shall see." Inko smirked.

- 2 weeks later -

[I know it seems unrealistic but just go with it.]

* Amari PoV  *

"Does this equation make sense?" Inko asks slowly.

I stare at the paper for a minute. I'd been cramming like crazy for the past 2 weeks, I've barely been letting myself sleep to catch up, now here I am; studying with Inko.

"I-I think so?" I sigh, it was late in the afternoon, just past lunch and I was tired but didn't wanna say anything or else I'd never catch up.

"Well I think you're ready Amari. I've sent in the application along with uniform sizing and classroom request. All it says is Transfer." She reassures.

"T-That's good, I didn't know school was so difficult.." I sigh.

"Haha it's okay, you're good at this. You'll pass with flying colours!" She beams.

'how is this woman always so beamy and positive? I swear it's contagious.'  I giggle, smiling back.

"So uhhh... When do I start?"

"Tomorrow."

I sweat drop before realizing what she said.

"wait what?!"

- The Next Day -

I woke up to find a uniform hung in front of me, Inko must have picked it up yesterday. It was black, a blazer, with a skirt, shoes and a white under shirt.