𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

"Taichi, are you almost done?" you asked, the little boy was currently stuffing his favorite food, spaghetti, in his mouth. His honey eyes met yours, "mm mm mmm," he grumbled with the food stuffed in his cheeks. You looked at him, he looked just like Chisaki. From his dark, chestnut hair, to the deep honey hue that filled his eyes. It was almost the god's did it out of spite, but he even had Chisaki's quirk. But thankfully he had his mother's heart, and not the cold one Chisaki had. The only difference is he used it to help others, thanks to your guidance. 

"Don't talk when your mouth is full, remember what happened last time?" You reminded him, he swallowed his food, taking a quick sip of his water before sticking his tongue out playfully. You smiled at him, sticking your tongue out towards him. "Now hurry! Brush your teeth! Picture day is tomorrow!" You watched as his eyes went wide, picking up the empty plate and rushing towards the sink. "I'll be up there in a minute to tuck you in."

"Oh, you don't have to! Daddy will!" He said, pulling your arm to kiss your cheek before running upstairs. Your stomach dropped, eyes widening as you reached in your drawer, grabbing the largest knife you could. Is someone in my house? You felt your back pocket to be sure your phone was there before you followed him upstairs. You didn't want to worry Taichi, over the last few years he was diagnosed with a major anxiety disorder after your ex had a mental breakdown in front of him. He became very sensitive towards these moments, even needing to take medication every morning before school. Using the knife to push your son's door open, you peered in, he had a habit of leaving the light on in his room, which in this moment, you were thankful for. 

"Kai? Where are you?" You asked in a calm, yet worried tone. What if it wasn't Chisaki? It could be anyone in the world, it could be someone with a quirk manipulating your son. The possibilities were endless, and your mother bear guard was up. You checked the closet first, yanking Taichi's clothes from side to side, empty. You then proceed to go to his bed, checking underneath it. still nothing. Hearing the bathroom door open, you quickly put the knife behind your back, smiling as Taichi walked in his room. He scrunched his eyebrows, his lips pursing as he walked over to his bed. 

"Where's daddy?" he asked, "He told me he would be here tonight."

"And when did he say that, sweetie?" 

"On the way home today!" his frown deepened as he crawled into the bed, pulling the blanket over himself. "He lied," he frowned, rolling on his side, facing the window. You honestly didn't know what to say, in your head you were freaking out. who the fuck was talking to my kid? Should I call Midoryia? After the incident, he became one of your long time best friends, he was the first person to come and support you after Chisaki's arrest. Walking over to Taichi, you leaned over and kissed his forehead. 

"I'm sorry baby, how about after school we go get some ice cream? Will that make you feel better?"

"Can I get strawberry cheesecake ice cream?" he asked, making you chuckle. "Don't you always get that one?" He replied with a hum, closing his eyes. 

You quickly walked out the room, continuing to hide the knife behind your back, your free hand pulling your phone out and pulling up Midoryia's number. Your heart was racing, walking down the hall to your living room. You were about to hit call when the screen caught your attention. 

BREAKING NEWS: CHISAKI KAI, FORMER LEADER OF THE SHIE HASSAIKAI GANG ESCAPED FUCHU PRISON EARLIER TODAY. HE IS CONSIDERED DANGEROUS, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON HIS WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE CALL-

You dropped your phone, jaw dropped along with it as you read the caption. How was he able to find us so quickly? Why did he go to Taichi and not me?