11. must be dreaming

"And you're sure Elijah's dead?" Slater questioned.

"Beyond dead." Damon confirmed and Brynley took a sip of her water bottle.

"Trevor was a good man; he helped me with my dissertation on sexual deviance in the Baroque period. I was schooling for my Psych PhD." Slater informed.

"Slater's been in college since '74." Rose told the vampire and the fairy.

"When I was turned. I have 18 degrees, 3 master's and 4 PhDs." Slater bragged.

"The point?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Damon!" Bryn scolded.

"Exactly, I mean, what is the point? What should I be doing with my eternity? If you have an answer, please enlighten me." Slater sassed.

"We need your help. If someone wanted to get in touch with Klaus, how would you hook him up?" Rose wondered.

"Craigslist." Slater said.

"Really?" Bryn questioned.

"Seriously. I respond to a personal ad to get sent to somebody who knows somebody who knows Elijah, who's dead and that's where my connection ends." Slater sighed. Meanwhile, in front of the coffee shop, stood Elijah, alive and well. He held some coins in his hands as he looked at Slater, Damon, and Rose. He then turned his head to look at Brynley, who sat next to Damon with a smile on her face.

-

"Here's what I don't get: Elijah moved around during the day, which means the originals knew the secret of the day ring. Now why would Klaus want to lift the curse of the sun and the moon?" Damon looked at Slater.

"To keep the werewolves from lifting it. If a vampire breaks the sun curse then the werewolves are stuck with the curse of the moon forever and vice versa."

"But werewolves are extinct." Rose reminded.

"Supposedly, so am I, but here I am." Brynley mumbled and Damon smirked at her.

"True. I've never seen a werewolf but rumor has it..." Slater began.

"Not such a rumor." Damon interrupted.

"Mystic Falls?" Slater questioned and smiled. "God, I've got to visit this place. It sounds awesome."

"Wanna spilt a muffin?" Brynley whispered to Damon. She'd hate to admit it, but she was starving. She couldn't even remember the last time she ate.

"Gladly, Tinker." Damon nodded before Brynley stood up and walked over to the register.

"Can I have a chocolate chip muffin please?" Brynley asked the girl at the register. She nodded and Brynley took out her credit-card, handing it to the girl. The girl handed it back once she did the transaction. Brynley played with the silver bracelet on her wrist while she waited for the girl to hand her muffin. The waitress handed Brynley the muffin and Bryn smiled at her. "Have a great day."

Elijah watched the Fletcher girl as she watched walked back to the table with a muffin in her hand. He admired her, the slight glimmer in her blue eyes and her smile as she handed Damon his half of the muffin. Elijah didn't understand what was differemt about this girl, but to him, there was something special about her.

"Can we stop the curse from being broken at all?" Damon took a bite of the muffin.

"What do you mean?" Slater looked at him.

"Well, if we make the moonstone useless, would it stop the curse from being broken?" Damon suggested.

"Well, yeah, probably, but why would you want to do that?" Slater asked back.