Chapter 6: Salvaje

Author's POV:

Piper and her mother argued the entire ride home. Even upon arriving at the hotel, the arguing continued and neither she nor her mom was willing to drop the subject of her brother being left behind to his luck.

"I know he's his dad but you cannot just leave him behind like that!" Piper argued.

"Oh, yes I can. And I already did."

She looked at her mom with utter disbelief. She could not believe she could be this cold to her son that she bore. She knew she had some type of resentment for Faisal, one she could not a hundred percent understand. It was easy to say that it was because, like herself, he was never the type to be willing to let others step all over him. He was a fighter in every sense of the word, but he was not one to start a fight either. Yet, she could not come up with a reasonable explanation as to why she borderline, hated her own son.

"How can you be so cruel? And to your son?!" she shouted.

"He had it coming. Remember that time he got arrested for shoplifting?"

"He lost the receipt that day at the mall and the stupid sensor went off. I was with him when he purchased those pants. So don't go blaming him for that. Or in case you've forgotten, they proved via security cameras that he did pay?"

Isabella stayed quiet, unable to say anything.

"Well, regardless. He's a troublemaker. How about that time he got in trouble for cheating on that test?"

"Oh my god!" Piper tried to maintain her head in a leveled spot. "You'll do anything to make him look bad, won't you?"

"He's a troublemaker."

"No, he's not. And about the cheating, he studies a lot and I quiz often him to make sure he has it all memorized. He's not a cheater and when he took that test all over again because you were ready to agree with the principal to get him expelled, not only did he ace that test under strict supervision but I had to step in to defend him because you wouldn't."

"Stop defending your brother!"

"No!" Piper stood up for herself. "I will never stop defending my little brother because of everything you've done to him, the way you've treated him, and how hard you've been with him. That's not the treatment that a mother should be giving her son!" she kept standing her ground. "And just so you know, you can leave to L.A. tomorrow because I'm staying in Dubai!"

"No, you're coming home and that's final!" Isabella told her daughter, in a rough and authoritative tone.

"Oh really?" Piper looked at her challengingly. "And I seem to be forgetting how you're going to force me into that plane? Last I checked, I'm a fully-formed female adult with free will to do whatever the hell I want – good or bad!"

"You better show me respect!"

"Last I checked" Piper laughed. "Respect is earned! And sadly, you've lost it on my part, as I'm sure you've lost it on Faisal's! So get used to the fact that I'm not going to listen or do anything you say when you're in the wrong!"

Piper walked away to her room and packed her bags quickly. She walked out with her mother looking at her with a look of incredulity. She also grabbed little Oreo, her brother's kitten who was still a baby and placed him in his little cage.

"Where are you going?!" Isabella demanded.

"I'm going to a different hotel! You can leave if you want but I'm staying here with my brother!"