Chapter 9: Hot Blooded

After helping my sister fix her new apartment and breaking a sweat from every direction, we were finally done. I was starving and in the mood for just about anything.

"What are you in the mood to eat?" asked Piper.

"Whatever you want. I want a burrito or something, not sure where there's a Mexican place around here."

"I guess you're gonna miss going to TJ against mom's wishes."

"Are you kidding me, I'm gonna miss living three hours away from the border. I'm also gonna miss Chris, Katrina, and tío and tía."

"We'll get them to come over one day. But right now, dinner."

"For sure. What can we get here?"

"Well, there's an Italian place not far off from here. They deliver so I'm gonna take advantage cause sadly I'm car-less here."

"One of the cons of a spontaneous move to Dubai" I joked.

"Spontaneous, definitely. A con? Hardly."

"You think mom's throwing a fit as we speak?"

"I feel so sorry for the passengers who're dealing with her."

"True sis. True. Can I spend the night here, again?"

"Don't you wanna sleep in the palace?" she smiled like she knew it was gonna set my hackles on fire.

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Come on, you live in a palace. The Crown Prince of Dubai is your dad. How cool is that? And he seems like a really nice guy who genuinely wants to get to know you."

"Have you been smoking one of my joints?"

"For reals. Do you plan to hide in my apartment forever?"

"It's a thought. Why not?"

"Sooner or later, you're going to have to face him."

"What sin did I commit to have this happen to me?"

"Come on. I spoke to him last night. He was checking up on you and to me, that's a caring father."

"Yeah, he cared so much about me that he never looked for me in eighteen years. Piper, I know you have a thing for Sheikh Cutie Pie, but can we drop the subject?"

"Ok, fine."

"Good, now can we please just chill tonight with a movie. Come on...we'll order ungodly amounts of Italian good and we'll eat a lot of chocolate cake and forget our miseries."

"Sounds like a plan then" she chuckled.

"Ok, but I'm gonna go get some coffee from Caff Coffee down the street. I need a latte."

"Sure, but should you be drinking coffee at all?"

"What are you my judge or my guide?"

She laughed. "Ok, fine. Have a latte. Just make sure its decaf cause otherwise you'll be chomping around like a horse."

"Sure thing sis. What are you in the mood for?"

"How about a caramel latte?"

"Sure. Be right back. Oh, and any pastries?"