Chapter 13: Heart 2 Heart

Hamdan's POV:

Maryam and Futtaim left, giving my son and me some time to talk. He did not seem to be in the mood to talk but I knew I was going to have to talk to him. I had to somehow get through to him. I knew I was not in his life growing up but he had to understand what his mom and I were put through. He needed to understand I never stopped loving him and that he was always on my mind from the moment he was born.

"Son, please, let's talk" I begged.

"About what?" he wiped his teary eyes.

"Just talk to me."

"Talk to you?!" he darted at me. "I don't even know you and you suddenly want me in your life after eighteen years?"

"You know I had no choice! I had to protect you and your sister. My parents were willing to take both of you away and if that had happened, your mom and I would have probably never seen you both again."

"I don't know..." he cleared his throat. "I still feel like you could have done more to remedy the situation. You have no idea how badly my mom treated me my whole life and now I think I know why."

"Your mom loves you. She just doesn't know how to show it."

"How would you know?"

"Because a mother always loves her child."

"Whatever, you weren't even there when I was born. How can you even attempt to be my father when you've been absent?!"

"Son, please listen!" I continued to try. If only he knew I was thereafter he was born thanks to Rashid having helped me since he was the only one who knew, besides our parents, that I had a son.

"No, you listen!" he got aggressive. He was perspiring heavily as he looked at me with clear frustration. "You just turned my whole life upside down! You were never there and now you want to continue messing with me! So one last time, let me go home!"

"Faisal..." I tried being as patient as I could, but my patience was drying up. "Please, you know I can't just let you go. I have to protect you because you're an Al Maktoum and I am the crown prince. I can't just leave you unprotected."

"I don't need your protection! I can take care of myself! Like I have my entire life!"

"Faisal, listen to me!" I was now losing my patience.

"Just let me go!"

"I can't do that!" I was now losing my grip.

"Then I'm going to run away!" he threatened.

"FAISAL!" I yelled so loudly that he was shaken to the core. The fear in his eyes was more than evident. "LISTEN AND STOP BEING SO DAMN DEFIANT!" I then tried to calm down because the last thing I wanted was to scare my son. I wanted to win him over not lose him. He was trembling, this time more violently and I wanted to comfort him, but another part of me wanted to get through to him and continued with the harsh attitude. "Listen to me carefully, you're are my son and I decide what you do and what you don't do! Got it?!"

This only fueled his anger. He balled his fists, looking like a terrified animal that was about to be hunted down like prey. But like any prey, he was going to attack and somehow retaliate to defend himself. It was in his nature and I could see it because of the fear in his eyes.

He charged at me and pushed me against the wall and punched the wall just inches from my head. He was mere inches from my face, looking at me with the aggression of a roaring lion that was about to devour his enemy. He was breathing hard, his jaw tense from how hard he was grinding his teeth. I could also feel his warm breath on my face as he looked at me with fear and anger.