Part 2: Phases?

Chapter 2

Andy sat back watching from the back porch as Simona and Jack walked into the field of lavender and wild flowers behind her grandmother's expansive property. The sun was high in the sky and the humidity was even higher.

"Alright, this is good." Jack said placing his hand on his shoulder signaling her to stop where she was.

"Okay, now what?" She asked staring out at the green and purple fields in front of her.

"First we call to your wolf."

Cocking an eyebrow at him she replied, "Why?"

"Is there a problem?"

"Im not sure that's a good idea."

"Why's that?"

"Jade is hard headed."

He laughed, "All wolves are hard headed." 

"She's..." She didn't know how to describe her wolf; horny, abrasive, hungry, temperamental, wild? All fitting adjectives to describe Jade.

"Trust me, I will better know how to train you when I can understand your wolf." The sun hit his grey eyes and dark veins slowly spread.

She could feel his hands touching hers, his breath lightly caressing the back of her neck. Yet he stood 3 ft away from her, his hands at his sides. The dark veins grew as she felt his touch, instinctively her wolf growled and fought back, using invisible hands to remove his.

But as his touch deepened, penetrating her body, so did hers. Jade hissed as she felt the presence of a wolf touching her, that was not Caleb. Without knowing how she did it she shoved him once, physically pushing him back.

He slid back, his bare feet digging into the moist ground. Jack kept his balance though the force of her mental push nearly knocked the wind out of him. Jade purred pleased with herself as Simona stared on shocked by what she had just done.

Mentally Jack reached out again and let  his wolf whisper to hers. "Come down little kitty." A deep silky voice laughed at her.

Which only infuriated Jade, giving her the fire she needed to attack him once more but this time she reached inside of his body and twisted his insides. It felt like his guts were being put in a blender. Jack fell to his knees and gasped for air, unable to scream. Black veins growing from her palm, trailing up her wrist and crawling up her arm.

"Stop!" He yelled clutching his stomach and chest.

Simona forced her wolf back into darkness and ran to his side. "Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for her to do that!"

An instant cooling sensation swept over her body as she placed her hands on his back. "I'm okay."

Jack coughed a few times trying to regain his strength. Slowly crawling to his feet he looked at her with surprise. "Damn. I was right. You have the gift of the Alpha."

He coughed again this time blood splattering his hand. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?" She asked frightened.

He chuckled wiping his mouth with the back or his hand, "I'm fine...who is Caleb?"

"Hmm?" She said surprised by the question.

"Your wolf, she yelled that name at me. Does...does that mean something to you?"

"Yeah." She looked away, "It's nobody."

"He must be somebody important to your wolf."

"No he's not." She turned her back on Jack trying to calm Jade who was becoming angry with her. Hearing Simona speak that way about her mate made her growl and hiss. "Shut up."