Part 8: Take Advantage

Jack, Andy, and Rocco all headed to town to stay at the local inn. Stella was not pleased about leaving but, the risk of her being thrown into Heat was too great and she had to go.

Jack believed the only reason she wasn't already infected was because of the distance she had given everyone the last two weeks

Jack believed the only reason she wasn't already infected was because of the distance she had given everyone the last two weeks. She only came out of her room for food and a shower.

The girl had a crush on Mika and she could see the feelings were not reciprocated. He liked Liara. He usually kept to himself, was quiet and unpleasant. But lately he had become quite the social butterfly. He was out late every night with Blue and spent most of his days laughing and talking with Liara. It wasn't like him.

Mika never smiled, he was a stoic man of a few words. Yet, when he was around those two, he was always smiling. Something she couldn't make him do. Stella left knowing this was it. She had to let her childhood crush go. He was happy with them. Not her.

Everyone had left nearly half an hour  before Caleb drove up to the house, dressed for a training session. He found Simona sitting alone on her front steps, head in her hands. She was in pain, stressed and emotional.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Liara just Wolfed out and went crazy. Apparently I infected her with this stupid condition and she's in Heat now. I feel sicker than ever. My senses are all off until you're around, that tea makes me sick as a dog. And I'm jobless until the Diner is fully repaired. My best friend is in the hospital and I'm too chicken shit to even talk to her. But all things considered, I guess I'm doing pretty shitty. Yep. How are you?" She replied plainly, listing off only half of what was bothering her.

"I'm sorry Mona. I know there's a lot going on. I wish I could be here for you and... Wait- Liara changed? Wow. I didn't think it would happen this soon."

"We didn't either. Pussy Rage is powerful stuff I guess. she attacked Blue and Mika."

"Are they okay?"

"Yeah. They're watching over her. Everyone else left. Meanwhile I'm being put under quarentine. I have to keep my distance from everyone."

"From everyone?" His eyes lowered sadly, he didn't want to be separated from her right now. These training sessions were the only time he got to spend with her. It was the one thing he looked forward to everyday. "I guess that explains why Stella asked if she could stay at my place. She called me ten minutes ago."