10. Letting go

Harry PoV

Its been a week since I last saw Belle and Lucy because I had a work trip. I have really missed Belle and it made me realise how close we are now. Before i went away we had a party at the flat that Lucy and Belle came to so the whole friendship group has spent time with her and it is just starting to become a normal aspect of my life.

we facetimed everyday so that she was fimiliar with me still and it did help. for the first time yesterday she saw me on the screen and shouted dada, it was so nice. Tonight Belle is actually coming to stay with me for the first time, I am a bit worried about it but it is a good step to being more involved and some bonding time with out Lucy being around.

Lucy PoV

I am on my way to drop Belle off at Harry's place, I am both excited and worried. its the first night that she hasn't been with me since she was born and i am excited because I am going to go out for drinks with Talia and Freya for the first time in two years and I am really looking forward to that.

as Harry opens the door Belle screams and puts her arms up for Harry to pick her up. She has very quickly become attached and it is cute. he bends down and picks her up

''oh. I missed you Belle. hi'' he reaches to hug me with his free arm. even we are on better terms now. we walk into the flat whilst I have Belle's overnight bag

'how was your trip?''

''it was good thanks. okay, lets sit down and you can go through your list''

''what list?''

''oh come on. I know you well enough and i know that you have a list. and probably a timetable so that i have step by step instructions''

''okay, I do have a list but you will also know that I only write lists for the important things. and considering its our daughter just take it okay?''

''yes, go on''

''okay. in the bag is everything you need so clothes and everything is in there. I didn't bring the pushchair because you probably wont need it as she only uses it on long trips but if you decide to go out and dont want her to walk then the carrier is in the bag. you will need help to put it on''

''what do you usually do then when its just you?''

''I dont use it when its just me I either have to just chase her around or use the sling but its a bit girly so I thought you might want this. all you need to do is put it on like a backpack on your front, clip the bottom on and then you hold the back and someone puts her in with her legs out of the hole and then you clip the top and she is good''

''okay, got it''

''okay good, there is some purees in the bag too, she will have one at dinner and breakfast  but also some solids. just give her some of what you are having. then she gets milk before she goes down, microwave for a minute and shake before you give it to her. sensitive bubble bath is in there as well, and the last thing is the snuzepod''

''what the hell is a snuzepod?''

''its just a little pod shaped thing that you put on your bed that has the barrier so that she doesn't fall out''

''okay''

''Right you have to put her down by eight or she will get really cranky. she can wake up once or twice or not at all if she does she might want more milk or sometimes just a cuddle and she will go right back down. and almost everyday she gets up at seven on the dot almost but wont eat for an hour or so and then I think that's everything that you need to know. any questions?''

''no, I think you covered everything.''

''okay, well remember you can call me for anything, anything at all''

''yes, you can trust me you know?''

''yes, I know. I and I do its just hard for me. so, I am just going to go and go get ready. but you need to put the milk in the fridge okay?''

''okay, I have and know everything. just go and enjoy yourself''

''okay. ill be round at eleven tomorrow to pick her up'' I started to walk toward the door and Look at Belle who was very comfortable in Harry's arms.

''okay belle, say bye-bye mama. byebye'' Harry told belle as I opened the door. I kissed Belle's cheek and then hugged Harry before I left

''bye-bye'' she shouted to me without being phased at all

''bye baby. I love you'' we waved to each other as I walked away. I feel like crying, I know she is in good hands I just know how much I will miss her but I have to let go a little bit.