Chapter 1: Fateful Decision

-1 year and a half after the ToP: Age 781-

Jiren POV

Universe 11 has always been my home, and it always will be, however... after the Tournament of Power, I am unsure what to think.

I am Jiren, one of, if not, the strongest of the Pride Troopers, a group solely based on protecting the innocent and fighting in the name of all that's good and true; in the name of justice. I have always upheld my code and honour as a Pride Trooper, always have, always will.

However, as of late I have found myself unable to focus during missions and seemed almost unwilling to partake in any. I'm not entirely sure why but it must have to do with that Saiyan from Universe 7: Son Goku.

According to Marcarita, it has been one Earth year since the Tournament of Power, and that she'd be willing to take me there for a visit. But this wouldn't be a visit, I would be 'migrating' so to speak.

I don't plan on returning to Universe 11.

I've been unneeded in many cases for the Pride Troopers, mostly because of how strong everyone is getting. I feel as if my service is no longer required.

However, should anything go awry I would be willing to help out my home universe.

I shall be talking with the Pride Troopers about my decision to leave this universe. I wish to understand Son Goku in a better light with better circumstances.

End of Log 10978 by Jiren the Gray.

~Click~

I ended my daily log and sighed as I stood up from my chair, staring at the suitcase with my belongings beside my bed just in case they allowed me to leave. I soon walked out the door and flew off, ready to face the biggest choice of my life.

As I flew over the skies of Planet Netfiss, I watched all the people down below living their daily lives, blissfully unaware of any threats outside of their planet. I was one of those people once, now I live to protect. Justice is what I've always wished for, but I know that many unanswered questions wouldn't wait for me if I stayed.

Especially ones concerning Son Goku.

When I first met him in the Tournament of Power, I really didn't think too much of him. I didn't think he'd be able to challenge me in a fight. Well, we all know how that turned out. He pushed me to become stronger, not only physically but emotionally. I knew that in our final battle, we were not just clashing with fists, but philosophies. I suppose by visiting Goku, I would not only make amends, but also be able to understand the Saiyan a bit more, perhaps even getting a rematch from him.

I swiftly reached the Pride Trooper Headquarters and opened the door, walking past the receptionist who didn't seem to notice me and walked towards the meeting room where Toppo and everyone else in our team was waiting.

Jiren!" Toppo exclaimed, "I didn't expect you of all people to call in a meeting. This must be important."

"Yeah, is something wrong?" Dyspo asked.

I unconsciously clenched my fists as I sat down, wondering about what was going to happen next and hoped that it would be good.

"Nothing is wrong per se." I began, "I just have a small yet significant announcement to tell all of you."

Everyone listened intently to what I have to say, "I know that this may seem sudden, and I hope that you all will grant me this." I took a deep breath as I continued, "I plan on ending my time as a full-time Pride Trooper and I shall be... taking refuge in Universe 7."

Everyone stared at me in shocked silence, which was understandable considering the situation. The briefing room was completely quiet for a few seconds before Toppo spoke up.

"Why so suddenly, Jiren?" Toppo asked with genuine sadness written all over his face, "Are you unsatisfied with the Pride Troopers?"

"No Toppo." I stated with some desperation in my voice, "You know that's not the case. I have stood by the Pride Troopers for over thirty years. It's just that I know that in those years I have treated you coldly, pushing you all away and not once thinking about how my actions may have impacted you all. However, that all changed in the Tournament of Power, and I needn't say more."

Everyone nodded in agreement and allowed me to continue, "You all know what I did back then, and it has been eating at me for the past year. I hope that if I could visit Universe 7, I could make amends for my dishonourable behaviour back them." I soon gave a small and barely noticeable smile as I remembered something, "I also wish to see Son Goku again, I wish to understand him more and see him in a better light."

I looked around at all of my teammates and I quickly finish off my request, "Besides the tournament, you all have not needed my services since the Valerian incident ten years ago. However, should anything come up, I will gladly come visit via Marcarita or other means, be it an enemy or just a simple get-together."

I could tell that everyone was reassured in that last sentence as they knew I was always loyal to the Pride Troopers, and I always will be.

"Thank you Jiren." Toppo said, standing up and walking towards me, "We can always count on you." he soon turned to our teammates and states, "All those in favour?"

Slowly, one by one every member stood up, all nine members agreeing with my decision. Deep down, I was extremely grateful for everything the Pride Troopers had done for me over the years, but now was the start of a new adventure for me, new friends, new allies and possibly new enemies, but I didn't care. Toppo then placed a hand on my shoulder which I didn't shrug away. Toppo was like a brother to me in these past few years and I wouldn't turn him away like I did in the past.

"Good luck."

Toppo saluted me and vice versa, and I soon began to walk away, ready to face whatever challenges awaited me.