-xx. melissa labelle

❛ I'll be the man, the man of your dreams ❜

I'll be the man, the man of your dreams

A whole week had passed. Claire still hadn't cried once. She didn't know if something was wrong with her or if this was normal, but she was worried. She was worried about when she'd snap and everything would sink in.

She didn't look or act sad. I mean, her smile was gone, and so was her laugh, but it didn't look like it. From afar, it appeared as though she was completely normal and okay with life. She couldn't give everyone another topic to gossip about so she put up a good front.

It worked because everyone left her alone but when she was with only Riley and Hannah, she could put her guard down. She could be sad with no judgment.

The other girls wouldn't stand for this any longer though. They wanted the old happy and goofy Claire back. The only way to make this happen was a peaceful girl's day in Hogsmead.

Claire tried saying no, but somehow, she ended up in a thestral drawn carriage on her way to the village.

"Ugh, why are there so many people?" she grumbled as the entered the tiny town.

"It's Hogsmead, what did you expect?" Riley asked.

"Well, I didn't want to come in the first place, remember?" Claire shot back.

"Oh come on, Claire-Bear. It'll be fun," Hannah insisted. Claire frowned but didn't say anything.

"Well, I want pumpkin juice," Claire stated.

"Okay, we'll go to The Three Broomsticks. Does that sound good, Riley?" Hannah asked.

Riley seemed distracted by something in the distance but muttered, "Yeah, yeah that's fine," in response. Walking into the pub brought Claire back to the last time she was there. When she went with James.

She didn't want to think about him all the time but it was so hard not to. It was the only thing that took her mind off of Gran. Claire and Riley sat at a table in a far corner of the building and waited for Hannah to come back with the drinks. When she did, Claire was quick to chug half of her juice.

"Slow down, Claire. You'll get a stomach ache," Hannah ordered. Claire rolled her eyes and scanned the pub until her eyes landed on something horrid. She choked on her beverage which led to a loud coughing fit. "Told you."

"We have to go."

"Huh?"

"Now."