Chapter 6

"I need a drink before I get ready for Mother's ball," Kol announced as he headed for the door

"Don't worry. I'll go with him," Ingrid added as she saw Nik about to stop his brother. "I'll keep him in line."

Kol rolled his eyes but still waited for her at the door, arms crossed.

"Just don't attract too much attention, and no killing. Mother's rules," Nik warned, only to be ignored by both vampires heading out the door.

"Where to?" Ingrid asked as she got into the driver's seat, Kol still not having learned how to drive.

"I was thinking that little dive bar I saw a couple miles from Mystic Falls," Kol replied, smirking.

"Sounds delightful," she smiled, an eyebrow raised in suspicion at his odd anticipation.

Shaking her head, Ingrid turned the key in the ignition, the radio starting along with the car.

"What is this? It's horrible," Kol asked, cringing as he reached forward to turn it off only to get his hand slapped away.

"It's called classic rock and it's staying on," Ingrid answered, making Kol roll his eyes.

"This is ridiculous..." he sighed, his hand getting slapped away once again as he tried to turn it off.

"Hey! Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts their cakehole," the woman said, smirking when Kol finally stopped arguing with her.

"Why do you keep quoting that insipid ex of yours?"

"Insipid is far from the truth, don't you think?"

"I'm entitled to my opinion, after all he did try to kill us all," the vampire remarked with a scoff.

<><><>

"Kol," Ingrid reprimanded, eyeing the small pile of limp bodies surrounding Kol.

"Don't worry, they're just unconscious. They'll be fine. No rules broken," Kol replied, using napkin from one of the nearby tables to wipe the blood off his chin.

"Well, I'm glad we decided to compel them to forget beforehand so we don't have to wait bloody forever for them to wake up. Also, that's not what I'm annoyed with," she commented, resting a hand on her hip.

"What are you annoyed with then?"

"Look at you! You made a mess! You're worse than a bloody toddler!" Ingrid exclaimed flailing her other hand around the almost destroyed bar to emphasize her point, not to mention his rather blood soaked clothes.