Chapter 18

Ingrid sat up and marked the page in her book when she heard someone barge into the house, knowing it was either Rebekah, Elijah, Kol, or Katherine thanks to a barrier spell she'd put up

"Ingrid!" Rebekah yelled, searching for the brunette. "Ingrid, where are you?"

"I'm right here, Bekah. What's wrong?" Ingrid asked, suddenly appearing in front of the frantic blonde who immediately wrapped her in a hug. "As much as I love your hugs, I'd love to know why you're so upset first."

"The Five. They're back and I was so worried that they would come for you," Rebekah explained, her breathing becoming more calm the longer she embraced her girlfriend.

"I'm okay but what do you mean the Five are back? That's impossible, Nik killed them all after the whole Alexander Incident."

"I'm just as confused as you are but it also seems I'm more worried," the blonde said, quizzically looking up at her girlfriend.

"I'm worried, I'm just better at hiding it," Ingrid told her, tapping Rebekah's nose with her finger which caused the blonde to roll her eyes.

"Nik invited us to dinner and he said he would tell us more if we came," the blonde informed Ingrid, seeming wary of the invitation.

Nik may have given her his blood when Ingrid had asked but he still hadn't done anything to make up for disowning her and constantly putting both of them at risk in favor of his bloody hybrid project. So the two had yet to forgive him, even going as far as to get Kol and Elijah to ignore him as well.

"Of course he did. Did he at least apologize before trying to order you around again?"

"No," Rebekah sighed, rolling her eyes while sitting down on the couch.

"Then I am going to go knock some bloody sense into him," the brunette stated before grabbing her jacket and heading out the door, ignoring the protests of her girlfriend.

<><><>

"Niklaus!" Ingrid yelled as she stormed into his house.

"Do you really have to yell? I am a vampire, in case you forgot," Nik complained, appearing next to the brunette. "Other than that, what could I do for you?"

"If you want me and Rebekah to come to your little dinner party tonight, I suggest you apologize to your sister. Add in some groveling and I just might forgive you too," Ingrid told him, crossing her arms over her chest with a glare.

"She is the one who destroyed my only chance of making more hybrids," Nik argued, waving his hands around as he spoke.

"You are the one who disowned her and snapped her bloody neck. Oh! And don't forget about all the times you've daggered her," Ingrid explained, raising an eyebrow at the hybrid.