Chapter 22

"Bekah's going to be so pissed at me

"Bekah's going to be so pissed at me..." Ingrid sighed as Kol parked her car in the bar's parking lot, the woman having been very reluctant to let him drive. "I literally just bloody promised her aid go along with whatever her plan was."

"Well, first of all, she hasn't told you the plan yet so you're not really breaking any promises. Second of all, she'll be angry with me too," Kol advised as he took the keys out of the ignition, giving the woman an overly enthusiastic thumbs up before climbing out of the car.

"I guess you're right but she expects shit like this from you, not me. But then again, I'd rather have her angry at me than dead," she explained, earning an eye roll from Kol.

"I'm not that bad."

"Yes, you are!"

"Fine, maybe you have a bit of a point."

Ingrid let out a laugh and the threw the door to the bar open, revealing a room full of vampires that all rushed and cowered away from the onslaught of sunlight.

"Let's do this," the Original said, breaking the legs off of the chair next to her.

"This is going to be so much fun," Kol announced, smirking at the terrified newly turned vampires. "Just like old times."

<><><>

"What the hell happened?" Jeremy Gilbert asked as he looked at the pile of dead vampires.

"I confess, we did it," Kol announced as he came out from the back room where he and Ingrid had been hiding, and drinking.

"Although I do slightly regret it. My new shoes are absolutely ruined now," Ingrid added while walking out and coming to a stop beside Kol, grimacing down at her blood splattered boots.

"Ingrid? Kol? Why?" Jeremy asked, his crossbow gripped tighter in his hands as he glared at the two Originals.

"Silas coming back would mean hell on Earth. I get that you want your sister to be human again and all that sentimental crap, but is it really worth risking everything? Every supernatural creature you've ever fought would come back to life, all at once," Ingrid explained, noticing the seeds of worry she'd scattered taking root within their heads.

"Why should we even believe you?" Damon Salvatore asked as he crossed his arms and stepped toward Ingrid, Kol instinctively stepping forward and blocking his way to her.

"I don't need you to believe me, I just need Jeremy to. So, please, Little Gilbert. Use your brain and actually think this through, you know Damon isn't going to," she commented, sneering over at the Salvatore.