Chapter 12

Kol and Ingrid walked into the batting cages expecting to see Jeremy waiting for them, they were instead met with the sight of the young Gilbert talking to Damon and Elena

Kol and Ingrid walked into the batting cages expecting to see Jeremy waiting for them, they were instead met with the sight of the young Gilbert talking to Damon and Elena. The Originals shared an annoyed look, Ingrid rolling her eyes at the newcomers.

"Can we do this later? My friends just got here, and yes Damon I actually have some," they overheard Jeremy say, sarcasm lacing his tone as he addressed Damon. "I'll call you when I'm done."

With that the younger Gilbert kissed his sister's cheek and walked towards Ingrid and Kol, making Elena's eyes widen in alarm. Ingrid lifted her hand in a mocking wave as she met the doppelgänger's eyes, winking over at her.

"Hey, man," Jeremy greeted Kol, stopping and smiling at Ingrid as well.

She couldn't help but feel a bit bad for the boy, after all he wasn't even here voluntarily. Elena had her little Salvatore pet compel him to leave Mystic Falls 'for his own good.' Ingrid thought that was complete and utter bullshit, because in actuality all she did was send her brother somewhere with absolutely no protection along with no memory of what he needed to be protected from. Which made her and Kol's job so much easier.

"Damon, it's the Mikaelson's," Elena cried out in a panic, making Damon quickly turn around only for Ingrid to hit him in the head with a baseball bat.

She had to admit, the cracking sound Damon Salvatore's neck made as it snapped to the side was quite therapeutic. As the was the sight of his body crumpling down to the ground.

"What are you doing?" Jeremy yelled, in shock as he watched his 'friends' attack his sister and Damon.

"Jeremy, they're Originals!" Elena shouted, keeping a wary eye on the hybrid was was deciding on the least messy way to kill her.

"You do remember you made him forget all about the supernatural world? Right, love?" Ingrid asked with a raised brow, slowing stalking towards the girl as she frantically stumbled back until she hit the wall. "What a great deal of help that was in protecting him."

Elena's heart was pounding against her chest, black veins creeping onto the Original's face as she heard the blood rushing through her body. Her hand reached out and wrapped around the doppelgänger's throat, pulling the girl close enough so they were face to face.

"Such a pretty face... Makes me wonder who would want it more, Klaus or Katherine?" Ingrid wondered aloud, staring down at Elena as Kol finally rounded on Jeremy.

"No hard feelings, mate, but we're not 'buds.' You know, I'll never get used to aluminum, but hey, at least it won't break," Kol said, stepping over Damon's limp body to point the bat at Jeremy's chest. "My brother has a plan for you apparently, so be a good little human and maybe Ingrid won't have to hurt your dear sister."