Declaring War

Sakura POV

The day was finally here. The Sports Festival. I was somewhat nervous. I wiped my sweaty hands on my skirt as I walked towards the entrance of the Stadium. There were thousands of people entering the arena. Little kids were running around and begging their parents to buy them souvenirs. There were hundreds of food vendors selling snacks. The overwhelming smell of fried food was intoxicating.

As I walked through the crowd, I put my headphones in and blasted music, hoping to block out all the noise from the crowds. 'Relax, Sakura. You got this. Just need to get through this day and you can focus on more important things.'

I wasn't nervous about my performance, but scared of what kind of things that will occur during this event. I spent the last couple of days training with Katsuki and going on long runs in the morning and night. I was ready either way.

"Hey! That's a first year! Good luck today!" A clearly drunk man holding a alcoholic beverage waved at me. I just put my hand up in thanks. 'Aw man. How I wish I can drink all my problems away right now.'

I made my way through the crowd to the locker rooms. When I reached the door to my class's waiting room, I took a deep breath. When I entered, I noticed that most of my classmates were here. I spotted Ochaco, Momo, and Tsu sitting together as they waved at me. I returned a small smile as I tried to find a empty bench. I walked past Katsuki, who nodded at me.

I sat down on the empty bench and leant against the wall and closed my eyes. I still had my headphones on so I couldn't hear people's conversations. Music always helped me keep my focus and concentration in tact.

I opened one of my eyes and saw that my class were crowded in a group surrounding two boys. It was Izuku and Todoroki. 'Huh, since when do those two ever talk?' I took out one of my headphones to listen in.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you," Todoroki bluntly state. 'Well that's a humble thing for you to say.'

Poor Izuku was shocked at what he said. He was shaking from just standing in front of the bi-colored boy. "Y-yeah.." Izuku replied as he dropped his head.

"But for some reason, All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Todoroki stared coldly at my poor friend. 'What the hell does he think he's doing?'

"I'm not here to pry about your two's business," he said. Then he glared at Izuku, "But I'm going to beat you, Izuku Midoriya."

I closed my fist. What the hell is his problem? He spent the last week acting cold to everyone by ignoring them and now he's threatening Izuku? I mean I know he's not the most friendly person in the world but he's not acting like himself. There's something up with him.

"Oh? Is one of the best in class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari asked with an amused smile. "Who's next? Sakura and Bakugo?"

Todoroki shifted his gaze to me. And that's when I saw it. His eyes were cold but I saw a glint of sadness in them. 'So there is something wrong..'

"Shut up," Katsuki growled at Kaminari who immediately wiped the grin off his face.

Kirishima then ran up to Todoroki and put his hand on his shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?"

Todoroki shook his hand off his shoulder. His gaze was still on me. "We aren't here to play at being friends," he spat. 'Ouch.'

He turned to walk out the room, but a voice that surprised me spoke up. "Todoroki, I don't know what is going on in your head when you say you will beat me, but of course you're better than me," Izuku stated. "That's why you got into this school so easily."