Chapter Two

(Anthony's Point of View)

I can't believe Ian is falling into my trap so easily. As a dare from my friends I have to go out with him for a couple months, then break his heart. My phone starts to buzz after Ian left. I stare at the caller I.D.

It's Josh.

"Is step one complete?" He asks. I could only imagine the grin on his face and him rubbing circles on his hands.

"Yes and it's working perfectly," I say hoping he will be proud of my work.

"Good," his voice deepens. "In a week we will began phase two of the plan." I was so totally going to enjoy my little fun with Ian. I hung up on him, I smile before walking to my car.

I pull the car keys out of my pocket. I head to my car, opening up the black Chevy Corvette. My family is rich, and we can afford about everything. I pull into the mansion, the limo is gone. I guess mom and dad aren't home, I sigh that's the bad thing they never spend time with me anymore.

Not wanting to be alone, I back out of the drive way. I head to the park, I go down the path to the weeping willow tree by the pond, I go there as a place to think. I see a petite frame curled up next to the tree, stifled sobs come from them; they sound familiar. He looks up a bit, it's Ian.

I walk over and crouch down next to him. "What's wrong?" I whisper in his ear in a hushed tone.

He looks up,"why would you care?"

"Because you seem upset," I breath out, this boy has some sass to him.

I hug him around his waist. "Fine I'll tell you, my dad got drunk again and beat the shit out of me." My mouth gaps, I couldn't back out of the plans because no one quits a dare from Josh.

I hold on to him, I rest my chin on the top of his head. I could smell the green apple shampoo he uses. His warmth next to me feels good, he rest his head on my chest. Ian being next to me made me feel not so lonely anymore. I don't want to hurt what's already been hurt, I also have to think of my reputation. I rather be with Ian, but Josh's group is like a cult, easy to join hard to quit.