"wanna get a scoop?" robin buckley x reader

my favorite gay. y/l/n= your last name

     the year is 1986. scolding hot summer and all you crave more than anything is a decadent scoop of hawkins finest ice cream. unfortunately for you though, you've got to work at family video, under keith's orders.

     "hey miss? do you have back to the future?" 

     "timmy, you ask every day. ask angie to bring the damn copy back and I might hold it for you" you groaned from the register without even looking up. this little shit liked to get on your nerves and you were going to throw him, or any other twerp off a bridge if they asked about back to the future one more damn time. you heard footsteps fade away, then someone else steps forward.

     "hey miss? do you have a copy of back to-" "I suggest you shut the hell up before I knock your fucking teeth back into your skull" you interrupted the piece of shit before looking up and realizing who it was."shit y/n calm down before someone complains to keith" robin said while laughing. robin buckley, the goddess if there ever was one. her luscious dirty blonde and her sparkling blue eyes, enough to make anyone weak at the knee. 'you're drooling y/l/n, get your shit together' you scold mentally before licking your lips and looking up at her.

     "I know, I'm sorry. just these fucking brats are stressing me out and steve isn't helping whatsoever, which isn't new but it's annoying." you closed your eyes, putting your head down on the counter and taking in a deep breath. this job wasn't the best but at least you got to see her, right? while you and your subconscious had a conversation, robin walked behind the counter and over to where you were standing. "hey y/n?" you jumped when you realized she'd gotten closer. "hey, hey. you're okay" she put a hand on your shoulder and gave a squeeze "look, it's almost break-time, and I think you could benefit from eating something. on me, if you wanted?" you bit your lip to check that you weren't dreaming. robin actually wanted to hang out with someone like you? that'd only happened in your head before. she squeezed your shoulder, reminding you that you are indeed awake and that you should respond to her.

     "sure robin, I'd love to." "cool, well take care of timmy and I'll go let steve know we're leaving the building" she said, giving your shoulder one last squeeze before walking back to the break room. "hey miss? you're red." "shut up timmy" you smiled at him. he had a copy of ghostbusters and a copy of e.t. "you know, I bet you and dustin would get along. he's almost always in the back" you said as you rang up his movies. maybe steve would actually get some damn work done. "maybe. I'll go see if he wants to watch ghostbusters" he took his findings and ran off and almost into robin who was coming out of the break room.

     "I assume you told him where to find dustin" she called out, half jogging half walking over to you. you nodded, too afraid your voice would fail you. "alright well, my car's this way. or depending on what you want, we could walk." you weighed your options for a moment before clearing your throat. "I think we should walk. I mean, almost everything is within walking distance anyway." "cool. just uhm.. tell me where we're headed." you noticed she seemed jittery but you played it off as she was just eager to get away from work.

     "well if it's cool with you, I've been craving ice-" "oh my god, say no more" she interrupted you and dragged you out the door by your wrist. "wait wait robin, where are we-" she halted to a stop and put a finger to your lips "shush. you'll see when we get there." and with that, you were being pulled again, but by the hand. you're lucky she couldn't see the blush forming on your cheeks, but you could just pull it off as being out of breath.

     eventually, you were there. abbott's frozen custard. supposedly, the best custard in hawkins. you'd been once or twice as a kid, but you don't remember it. you looked up at the front of the building in awe, then at her. she laughed looking at your face. "you look like a little kid." you just giggled and squeezed her hand. she smiled at you and brought your hand to her lips.

"so, wanna get a scoop" she asked with a kiss.

I'm back babies. when I get internet (hopefully friday if Xfinity doesn't screw me over again), I'll start writing with my computer which I find easier