The sorting

Harry's POV
My mouth dropped I knew I would be moved from griffindor and I knew Hermione was going to get moved into Ravenclaw. I could tell that Ron had figured it out pretty fast with the look on his face.

He called us up year by year one by one until it came up to hermione. She came out with tears streaming down her face as she made her way to the Ravenclaw table. Then Mgonagall came out "Draco Malfoy, Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter ."  We all got up and walked towards the little room at the side of the great hall. Ron went first and of course he is still brave and loyal but I think he was begging for Ravenclaw. He didn't make that subtle either. He was crying and begging. I felt like this was all my fault. Finally the hat made its decision " Gryffindor, I'm sorry but I can't give special treatment anymore." and with that Ron had ran out of the room and up to Hermione.  Draco Malfoy was next my heart racing I knew I would be moved. I mean I have so much anger so much hate to give out I was no longer brave. I was when I had  Ginny but I don't. She has Dean Thomas. I looked back at Malfoy and saw that he had a tear he had changed but obviously not enough to move from Slytherin. "Im sorry to say this boy but it had to be Slytherin" and then he went tears streaming. But before he left he wiped them and put on his famous smirk. I sat on the stool like in first year. I have no idea when I started crying. The hat was humming while trying to decide. "You still have some bravery boy don't worry about that. But I think a change of scene will do you well." tears started burning my skin. "Slytherin. and Harry try and make friends with Draco Malfoy he has lost a lot"

Draco's POV

No one seemed to be shocked when I came out and made my way to the slytherin table. But as Harry came out and made his way to our table everyone let out a gasp. As if he hadn't been teased enough over these last years.

I feel sorry for him as he looks over to Ron and all he gives back to him is a dirty stare. He breaks down. I can't help but to feel bad for him. Why do I always feel bad these days. I got up from my place and walked over to him. I sat next to him hoping he would feel better. I mean having a friend in here.

" What are you doing" He asked obviously surprised at the fact I was there.

" Slytherin is hard to get used to you might want at least one friend in this house" he stares at me and goes back to crying. Have I made things worse. He didn't touch his meal. Suddenly the meal seemed more interesting to look at than anything else. He didn't speak nor move. When the feast was finally over he looked at me and the corners of his lips turned up slightly into what can only be seen as a smile. "Can you show me where to go. You are right I need a friend." I give a weak smile back and we leave. we get a few dirty glances but who cares I need to be there for him. I need my reputation back.