11.

Lucy
I quickly closed the door of the restroom behind me. I went to see if there was anybody else there, but there wasn't. I got into the last stall and finally let the tears slip. The questions that Luke had asked my kept repeating themselves in my head. I hated it, i put my hand at the sides of my head to try to quiet the noise. I didn't work, it never worked.

I grabbed my notebook from my pocket with shaking hands. Everytime my head wouldn't get quiet i would write the noises down. That usually helped, i simply just put the noise on paper so everything would be quiet again. I wrote the conservation that i had with him down, it was barely readable but i didn't care. I closed my notebook, it helped, my head got quiet. All that was left was a headache.

I whiped my tears away, took a few deep breaths and walked back to the waiting room. Luke wasn't there anymore. There were now a few other people sitting in the room. I sat back down in my seat and decided to kill some time by sketching the waiting people.

The sketches were going pretty well and i was completely in my headspace. But i was immediately pulled out of it when i heard mrs Middleton's voice, her crying voice. I quickly looked and saw mrs Middleton standing next to dr Irwin while she was crying. "I ..I have alzheimers" she cried out.

Whitout any hesitation i got up and hugged her tightly. I had never realised how hard this must be for her. She was scared to lose her memory, scared to lose herself.

I tried to comfort her " Sttt, it's going to be alright. I will always be there for you. " i softly stroked her hair, she hugged me even tighter. After a few minutes had stopped crying and let me go. "Thank you for being here"

I smiled at her with whole my heart "I will always be here". She gave me a short hug in return. The doctor was still standing besides us which i found kinda weird. But he had a reason, he wanted to talk to me and mrs Middleton about the future steps.

We both sat down in what i assume was his office. "I have already discussed some things whith mrs Middleton but because you're currently the one who takes care of her so i would also like to discuss some things with you." I nodded.

"Right now she won't be needing any more help then she already has, but that will change when time passes. She will start to forget things quicker and eventually will always struggle with physical things. And considering you are only 15 years old, i think a retirement home would be the best solution for her."

"Yes, i think that to." I didn't really thought that because even though i was only 15 i was perfectly capable of taking care of her.
But i didn't feel like starting that discussion.

"Good, i have given mrs Middleton a few flyers of different homes so you can look together for the best option."

"When will we start seeing a retirement home as an option?" I asked.

"Well i think that you will have to decide that. But as a doctor i would say that 6 months from now would be a perfect time."

"Thanks". I only had fucking six months with mrs Middleton until i had to sent her away. But hopefully we could find one that was close by so that i could still visit her often.

He told me some more information about the diagnoses and what would change. After that we all shook hands, he thank God didn't try to hug me.

Mrs Middleton and waited on the bus. She was very quiet, which was unusual for her.
"How do feel about the whole situation?" I asked her.
"I think I'm scared. I'm scared that i will forget everything, the good memories with my husband, the memories with you and myself. I think the whole moving to a retirement home is the least scary part."

"Why is that the least scary part for you?"

"My house hasn't felt like home since my husband died. So that won't change. And i know that i will be in good hands there and you would get a well deserved break."

"I'm not sure if i deserve one" i said looking down.

She placed her fingers under my chin and made me look to her. "If anyone deserves a break it is you."

We both got on the bus, i had to stand again but mrs Middleton got to sit. I looked at of the window as my phone vibrated. A text from my uncle.

Uncle: party on saturday need you to entertain

I fucking hated his parties. I would have to serve his friends drinks and as soon as they al got to drunk i would have to "entertain". I would be stripped down and forced to dance. If i did it correct i wouldn't receive any punishment.

Saturday was definitely going to be a great fucking day with my dead brother's birthday and uncles party. But i was only wednedday so i didn't have to worry about all that right now.

I opened the door to my house. My uncle wasn't home, he hadn't really been home the last week. Which i didn't mind until he came home. He was always angry and drunk when he came home. I slowly started losing hope in him. Mabye i couldn't help him, but i still tried.

I didn't have to work today so i decided that i should try to sleep as much as possible because i had those math lessons tomorrow. But my uncle had different plans. He had come home and stormed inside my room, the door banged against my wall. I immediately jumped up. He started shouting the usual words at my. "YOU FUCKING BITCH. YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE SO SPECIAAL DON'T YOU?"
I said nothing. I looked him in the eyes, they were filled with anger and rage. It was official he was gone, i couldn't help him anymore.

"FUCKING ANSWER ME!" he punched my jaw.

I wanted to fall to the ground but didn't. With my hand to my jaw i answered him.

"Yes i do, i do think that i am speciaal."
It was the wrong answer for him. He walked closer to my and grabbed my neck with one hand. I put my hands on his wrist, making sure he wouldn't actually choke me to dead. He punched my stomach with his other hand.

He let me go, i fell to the ground. He kicked my stomach until he felt himself becoming tired. He stumbled out of the room not saying a single word. I couldn't get up, I'm pretty he broke a few ribs.

After 30 minutes i drag myself to bed. I just wanted to sleep and nothing else. I would worry about the blood and the bruises in the morning.