30

Thursday
I walked towards the big building that was the university. I had thought about not going because i didn't feel really comfortable around professor Whiteley. But i decided to give him an second chance and if i still felt uncomfortable with him today I would tell Ashton. He would help me make the best decisions considering he was my therapist. Or i would find an solution myself.

It took me a while before I found his office. I knocked on the door and he immediately opened it. "Hey welcome back miss Green, feeling better than last week?" He said enthusiastic while he stepped out the office and closed it behind him.
"Feeling a lot better, ready to learn some stuff." I said to him with a fake smile.
I wondered why he had closed the door so quick behind him, like he was hiding something.

"That's good to hear. Let's quickly move to an empty classroom, my assistant is using my office right now to study. "

I let out a nervous laugh "That's very kind of you." I needed to stop thinking that everything this guy did was suspicious or wrong.

"Here we are. You can sit down on the front row." He said while we entered an smaller classroom then the last time i was here.

I sat down and pulled out my math notes just in case I would need them. He clapped his hands and said "let's begin, shall we?"

I nodded at him and tried to focus on the equation that he was writing down. But my brain just couldn't focus, i kept thinking about everything that would happen in the following weeks. Mrs Middleton would officially move to the retirement home in a week. Which also meant that i would have to switch schools which i absolutely didn't want to. Nothing was wrong with my current school, i was getting good grades and i wasn't getting bullied. My mind also kept going to the conversation i had with Luke about my birthday. He really wanted to celebrate it and make it a special day for me.

"Lucy are you listening?" professor Whiteley was now standing infront of me with a concerned look in his face. "Is everything alright?" He aksed me when i didn't response to his first question.

I snapped out of my thoughts and returned my gaze towards him. "I'm sorry i just have a lot on my mind right now." I said to him.

He nodded understandably and sat down on the chair next to me. "Is there something i can help with?"

I sighed and looked at my feet. "No not really, it's just that a lot of things have changed in the last week. "

He put his hand on my knee which made me made shiver. "I'm here if you want to talk about it. " He said smiling politely at me.

I gave him small smile. "Thank you. Shall we return to maths?"

"Of course." He removed his hand from my knee and stood up. He walked to the chalkboard and started explaining the problem. I kinda listened to him but my head was way too loud, i was thinking of 5 others things at the same time.

We finished the lesson early because i just wasn't able to focus properly anymore. I still felt uncomfortable around him even though he was really nice and didn't do anything wrong. I was just to scared to be alone with an older man in the same room. Ashton and i were working on trusting people but i hadn't really made any progress. But any small step forward would be better than not improving at all.

I cleared my throat and stood up straight. "May i present an idea i have?" I asked him with hesitation.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Uhm i was thinking that i could mabye follow a few of your classes with fellow students. That way i can have a better understanding of how you can look at a problem in a different way." I looked at him expecting him to find it a stupid idea and get mad. But he found the opposite.